Chapter 8

The hardest thing in life is when you know inside your heart that you still love the person but you have already run out of good reasons to fight for what you feel and what you believe in. History repeats itself.

__________________________________________________________________________

The next day at school, the principal gave the 3 days as a practice day for the upcoming culture day. As Xiang Li was watching the traditional dances of the other groups which were all inspired by ancient poems and history as the music club did the background music.

After all the performance, the ballroom went silent as they wait for her opinion. "You all did great, but one of the most important dances was not included like dancing on a river while balancing on one pole. Do you know that tradition?"

The students look at each other as one spoke, "It's way too hard for one of us, can we do another one after all it seems impossible to dance without falling.." A female student reasoned out as Xiang Li nodded. "How about underwater dancing? Who knows a person here that can breath underwater for so long? Hmm?" She suggested with her arms crossed on her chest.

One female student slowly raise her hand saying that she can try. Xiang Li look at her and spoke, "Alright, come and say beside me. And for the others, can someone record the dance underwater? We will not do it live for we don't have a pool here so we will just borrow a pool with the principal."

3 boys volunteered as Xiang Li told them come with her. "Good. That's all I need. You can all go back to practice" She stated as she left after the students bid goodbye as the 4 students she ask for, followed her.

After a few minutes, they all arrived at the swimming room as Xiang Li's Secretary readied everything. Even the clothes she was gonna wear for the dance. "I'm gonna show you the traditional dance that you're gonna do. Boys wear those suits and oxygen supply. Lena [Secretary] will give you the cameras after you wear all of it.

And after a few minutes, they started as those 3 boys went to record different angle. Xiang Li started after getting a consent from her almost healed feet. She dance this:

After a few hours of explaining everything and helping the girl name Lin to practice. School hours already finished and now Xiang Li is teaching Shancai on how to bake at Daoming Si's house.

"On Baking, you need to be patient, calm and elegant. You should know how to connect such snacks into history. Did you read the books I gave you awhile ago before the morning ceremony start? Did you read all of it?" She asked which Shancai nodded with a pursued lips.

"Remember this Shancai, baking is also hard as cooking. On this, all the ingredients must be in good measure, not too little, not too much. Based it on love, people once quoted 'One way to a man's heart is through his stomach'. You need to give your best and your love needs to be special more than the things you usually saw outside. You need to have your own recipe, proving you can give more than limits. That is love and creativity"

"Let's start"

And the baking continue with Xiang Li baking brownies after an hour and a half, showing Shancai step by step, she finished and now will start at the plating. "The fragrance smell so good..." Shancai complimented as she looked at the baked goods.

"And one more thing, plating is included, for this will test your creativity. Based your decoration through your character, like this."

Xiang Li started putting the brownies in a three step mountain manner as she put a beautiful leaf at the very top and sizzle the side with chocolate syrup and present it to Shancai. "It so simple but it looks so elegant. But do you know how I started baking brownies?"