Chapter 14

Author notes:

To my dear readers. I would like to inform you that I'm slowly falling in love with F4 thailand because the youtube shorts are tempting me 😭. I'm trying to finish this book so I can start a new one about that one. So I'm sorry if it was really fast paced. I'll just finish this until 20 chapters or below then it's finished. Wish me luck 😭❤️

________________________________________________

We were walking down the halls of the Daoming Family as I heard piano music as we walked closer to the main venue. I took a hold of Kane's hand making him halt on his steps and turn to look at me in worry.

"What's wrong?"

"Is the woman wearing a maroon outfit near the piano... Mrs. Daoming?" I ask him to assure me who I'm trying not to mess with.

"Kane...let's stay here for a while..."

I requested him as he silently accepted it without futher complains or question why. A few minutes late between Daoming Si and his mom, Shancai and him finally left the party as Kane's eye follow their figure.

"How can the main person in the party leave like that?"

He muttered as I follow their figure with my eyes. "Mr. Makoto"

The same familiar woman I've heard fighting with Daoming Si spoke out making us turn to her. "Mrs. Daoming, I'm sorry, me and my partner halted for a moment since there seems to be a conflinct inside"

He stated with respect as he bowed towards her making me follow. "I'm sorry about that Mr. Makoto. My son can be insulent"

Kane just smiled in acceptance to her apology as he pulled me towards him when he notice I was just standing behind him like protecting myself from a fierce Lioness.

"Mrs. Daoming, I'm Makoto Zane, I attend the party on behalf of my father's absence, hence we also brought gifts. But it's disappointing that we can't give it personally"

He stated as the woman just smiled tightly on him, not knowing how to respond on his disappointment. "You can give it to him personally, the moment he will came back. I can schedule his meeting with him"

"Oh not needed, I've heard from my Fiance that she attend the same school as Si, she can give it to him" he stated as he put his arm on my waist, making Mrs. Daoming look over to me.

"What's your name, Miss?" She formally asked me, like the party was just not ruined because Daoming Si walked out.

"I..."

"I am Teng Tang Ling, Mrs. Daoming" I gently stated because I was not even sure how I will introduce myself anymore.

"Jing's sister?"

I stayed quiet on that part, I don't even know if Jing knows about this. Kane notice me distracted and answer for me.

"Yes, Mrs. Daoming. Elegance really radiant between the sisters"

"It seems to run on the family, please enter and enjoy yourself" she cut the conversation but Kane didn't take it hard and enter the venue.

My eyes immediately fell on Si's friends and Lin Yan who is looking at my Fiance then to me.

Kane brought me to the second floor balcony. I didn't approach them because I already feel suffocated.

I leaned myself on Kane to keep my balance as I clenched his other hand who is caressing my hand.

"What's wrong Love?..." He asked me in a whisper as I looked up to him. "Nothing" I denied with a smile and looked over to the first floor. "Mrs. Daoming's presence is overwhelming..."