Chapter 4

Sometimes you just need to accept the fact that you are one of the people who will be part of his life but not part of his love.

_____________________________________________________________

Lin Yan was just walking on the school grounds until she familiarized someone talking on their phone, talking in the middle of the side walk at the school. As Lin Yan finally confirm her conclusion, she smirked and started walking to the guy.

"You're Thomas, right? The pianist that performed at the bar yesterday. Am I right?" She ask after he ended the call with someone. Thomas just smiled and lend his hand forwards for a handshake. "Yes, that's me. What do you need?"

As both of them pull away, Lin Yan just gave him a friendly smile and ask, "Do you know a girl named Shancai?"

Thomas nodded and watch which she continue, "I was wondering what relationship you have had with her since I saw you both together in the bar...". Thomas just smiled and scratch his head. "I don't know to be honest, but do you where she is?"

Lin Yan smiled and was about to lead him to the cafeteria until Shancai run in and immediately took Thomas away but Lin Yan shouted before she completely left, "Shancai!"

Shancai immediately look at her with a panic look as Lin Yan smirk, "Watch were you going...Someone might bite you on your back" as she walk away. A few minutes later... as Lin Yan was scrolling on her phone, she land on a post. 

'UGLY DUCKLING DONG SHANCAI, CHEATS ON DAOMING SI AND SLEPT WITH A FRENCH GUY'

She look shock for a second but came back to her neutral face and put her phone back in her pocket and began searching for Xiang Li. 

Xiang Li was just walking down the outside but still in the school grounds, she heard things about Shancai sleeping with a foreigner. She was about to ask the students before Lin Yan suddenly pulled her away. Xiang Li look at her confusingly. "Lin Yan..."

"I didn't sleep with anyone right?"

Xiang Li nervously ask making Lin Yan giggle, "I'm with you yesterday, why would I let my best friend lost her control on her poor broken heart" She tease making Xiang Li hit her hand as Lin Yan just put her arms around her arm. "Shancai is the one responsible for her own action, don't worry"

Xiang Li thought for a moment and stop to turn and look to her friend, "I thought she was already dating Daoming Si?". Lin Yan sighed and thought, "I have no idea but shouldn't we just let Shancai fix it herself?"

Xiang Li frown for a moment and glance at her surroundings. "What if the F4 found out about this? I'm sure Daoming Si will get angry..."

"But if we did tell him, wouldn't Daoming Si blame you for it? Since you might be the one who posted it. We better not interfere" Lin Yan exclaimed as they finally arrived on their next class after they part ways. What was Shancai thinking?

Xiang Li thought and enter her room. As she walk in, everyone land their eyes on her, she just raise an eyebrow as she started climbing up the stairs to seat on her usual seat. As she open her sketchpad, the person under her suddenly talk to her, "Hey Xiang Li, have you saw the post?"

"Which one?"

"About Shancai playing around the guys"

"And what does that have to do with me?" Xiang Li asked while raising an eyebrow at the woman in front of her. "I remember that... Shancai always mess with your projects and ruin your possessions. I would like to ask if you are the one who po--" before the woman can continue, Xiang Li immediately cut her off. "Of course not! I would not dirty my hands just for a woman who have no self-control" she spat with a frown.