Chapter 7

When I was alone with you in the same room, It felt like it was suffocating me. You stood there in front of me clueless, not knowing it was breaking me knowing you never really know me.

__________________________________________________________

 Xiang Li was silently reading, her body feeling better after staying in the hospital for 2 weeks and now can focus better. She was alone in the room as she pursue Lin Yan to go back to school since she can now do it on her own. Every day, she practices walking even if it's only 1 meter away.

She checked her phone and noticed it was almost 2 p.m., so she put her book down. She shakily stood up from her position and began slowly walking away from the bed, holding the IV stand. She began softly walking around her bed to strengthen her feet.

As she was staring down at her feet as she walks, she heard the door opening which made her step and put her gaze on the door. "Hi, Lei"

She greeted with a smile as the boy smiled back and put down the food he brought to the table. "Hi, how do you feel?"

He asks as he went to the girl who was slowly making her way to the bed. "I'm doing fine, I'm quite getting the hold of it..."

The boy just hummed and assist her back to bed, "The Doctor said that you might check out tomorrow since you are healing quite fast than expected" he explained as the girl slowly sat down back to bed. "I'm glad"

"We still have 4 days before the Art event started. You can have the time to fix it if Mei Zuo misses anything from your plans". The girl hummed again as Lei take out the snacks he brought and handed them to her.

"What makes you pass by here?" She asked as the boy just sat beside the bed and began staring at the window. "Nothing, I just have nothing to do..."

He answered as Xiang Li ate some snacks he bought. As they talk, Xiang Li's phone rang which made both of them stop. "What does Daoming Si want this time" She groaned out when she saw the caller's ID. Lei looked at the girl who was just staring at her phone and decided to answer it for her.

He was about to greet him until he removed the phone from his ears, "Xiang Li!".

"Si, please lower down your voice" He started as the opposite line went quiet, "Lei, you idiot! Why are you there?! Come back here to our hangout room!"

"Why? I prefer staying with Xiang Li in peace instead of with you.."

"The others are also here!"

Lei put his gaze at the girl who was listening as she just nods and gave him a small smile, "You should go... after all, I want to rest" She mumble as Lei nodded and stood up, giving her phone back, "Alright rest well." He bid goodbye as he peck her forehead and left.

As the door closed, Xiang Li heard voices on the other line. "I already told you, let her heal her legs first"

"Let me ask her first! Xiang Li!" Daoming Si called out as she heard sighs making her giggle. "What is it?"

"Can you train Shancai in baking? We need a baker to teach her baked sweets for her upcoming competition, after the Art event." He stated as Xiang Li retorted, "I'll agree since I'm gonna check out from this hospital tomorrow. But... something is missing..."

"Don't worry Xiang Li, I'm not gonna use your free time without paying you so is that fine?"

"It's a nice offer but I can't quite put my finger on it..." Xiang Li said jokingly as the boy in the other line got confused. "Daoming Si, is there a word 'Please' in that vocabulary on yours?" She teased.