Chapter 5

It's hard to accept the fact the I will always be his second choice but never their first pick. How heartbreaking.

____________________________________________________________

On the next day, Xiang Li was so overjoyed with Lei's gift that she didn't notice Lin Yan's sudden silence. But when she notices her, she asks what's wrong but Lin Yan just looks at her with a hesitant one, "Are you sure he was still the same Lei you have loved before?"

Xiang Li was so confused about her statement until after her first class, she notice Lei and Shancai talking on the rooftop.

"How about...we secretly date behind Si's back? Doesn't that sound exciting?" Lei suggested as Shancai went quiet as she think of it with a hesitant face. "Did you believe it again?"

Her heart begins to stop beating as soon as he says those words. As a result, he's inviting Shancai to deceive Daoming Si.. across the wall from her. Even though it was supposed to be a light-hearted joke, Xiang Li understands that his words have several meanings. She simply remained silent and braced herself for the worst. As she hurriedly departed the rooftop without their knowing, the pain she was in managed to remain unnoticed.

As she was walking aimlessly towards her next class until she bump to the other F3, "There you are Xiang Li, we were looking for you...". Xiang Li snap of it and look at them confusingly. "Why?"

"Well, have you seen Huaze Lei?" She just stayed silent and was about to speak until the boy they were looking for spoke behind her. Xiang Li didn't turn around as she look at Lin Yan who was just between Ximen and Mei Zuo. Lin Yan notice her look as she went to her, "Well, Xiang Li still have classes and paper works to do after this so we gotta go now. See you later!!" She exclaimed as they started walking away but Ximen shouted after, "Don't forget to inform her about my request!"

Xiang Li just look at Lin Yan in a confuse look but she just shrugged it off and went away.

After school hours, Xiang Li kept asking about Ximen's request. Lin Yan just sighed tiredly as both of them sat in a bench. "They ask me to come with them to a weekend vacation since Daoming Si's is chickening out when it comes to asking Shancai out. They have no choice but to come. I will come there as Mei Zuo's date while you will be Ximen's date".

Xiang Li frowned as she asked but Lin Yan cut her off. "And if you are asking who will be Huaze Lei's partner, they informed that he already found one."

Xiang Li isn't sure how many times she needs to keep up simply to be his first choice, but she will always be his second option, and the fact hurt her greatly.

And when Xiang Li realized, they already arrived on a beautiful island. Ximen just hold her hand as they enter, just in case this girl started getting excited again. But he found it her, silent as she look around. "Why you seem not to be surprised?". He ask making Xiang Li look at him then started observing the interior design again, "I remember my grandma brought me here on my birthday" She exclaimed as he just nodded and let go of her.

Ximen took his phone out and took a quick pic on Xiang Li's side view, and sometimes when Xiang Li is posing for it as a thank you.

When they arrived in the bedroom, Xiang Li immediately stated her thoughts, "We both gonna sleep here?" she ask Ximen answered, "Yes. I hope you have no problem with that".

Xiang Li just hummed as she sat on the bed while still observing the design. Ximen set their luggage at the side as he open the curtain windows. "Xiang Li, change to a comfortable outfit since we arrived here almost at 6:00, I'm sure the others will call us down for dinner." Ximen exclaimed as Xiang Li nodded and went to her luggage to get some clothes.