Chapter 9

"I can turn you to love poetry but I can't make you love me. Is not on how strong you are, it depends on how you can stay loving the wrong person."

___________________________________________________________________________

[Sorry I got lazy but you know what will happen on the last round so let's skip to Daoming Si's house.] 

"This is the 'Eight Treasure Spicy Noodles' That I prepared." Shancai proudly introduces as Ximen encourages Daoming Si. "Si, you inspired her to make this dish. Do you want to try it first?" he stated while sitting beside Shancai as Meizuo who was sitting beside his girlfriend agreed with his friend. "How can we dare eat it if you haven't tried it?"

He exclaimed which Lei taunted Daoming Si as he prepared himself to take a chopstick of noodles, making the boys quiet and look at him. Lei just slowly look at Daoming Si making the so-called boy clear his throat, as Xiang Li put his hand down while chuckling. 

Daoming Si just look at the food in front of him in silence that turned to minutes. As Miss Zhuang's patience smash and smack his head. "We told you to eat, what are you waiting for?"

"All right, I'll eat it." he stated as he took a bite on it making the others also eat. "It's a bit spicy" he stated which made Shancai drop her smile a little, and pout "but it's quite good." he added as he send a smile to the girl making the girl smile in relief.

"This flavor should be paired with red wine." Zhuang exclaimed agreeing with her brother. "It's delicious. I like this level of spiciness." Meizuo said in delight as Ximen hum in agreement. "The pineapple's sweetness balanced the grease of the noodles." Ximen spoke out as Lei also agreed with him.

"How about you Lin Yan?" Meizuo ask as the girl just nod. "It taste familiar but I can't quite my finger into it." his girlfriend answered as Shancai look at Xiang Li making the other look at her when they saw that her food is untouched. The quiet girl just look at all of them as she sighed making Daoming Si raise an eyebrow at her actions.

"I just don't really like eating spicy food but it taste good" she said as Zhung remark, "How is it taste good when you have took a bite yet?"

"If Lin Yan said it was familiar, it's my grandma's dish then, that's why I know the flavor already and didn't try it anymore" the girl explained in worry when she saw Shancai's reaction but she just smiled and stand up.

"Well, actually...I'm very thankful for the experiences I gained from the preparation until the actual competition. Thank you for helping me, Ms. Zhuang and for my other mentor and everyone. So thank you to all of you." she thanked as the other didn't say a word making Shancai awkward on the situation.

When Shancai was about to sip, Daoming Si suddenly stand up and stood in front of her, "Come with me for a while. I want to tell you something."

"huh?"

"You don't need to leave, We'll leave." Zhuang informed, "Come. Follow me" she ordered and was about to stand up when Meizuo asked her, "Ms. Zhuang, are we going to buy some wine?"

"Enough talking. Let's just go." When they were all about to stand up, Daoming Si stop them, "You all don't need to go. I'll say it in front of all of you." s the others sat back down waiting for him to speak. "Shancai, sped the day with me tomorrow."

He said as Zhuang hold her laugh as Meizuo smiled from the confidence radiating from this guy. "Who ask someone out on a date in front of everyone?"

"Why should we date in secret? Didn't you want to thank me?"