Chapter 6- Sword Fight

You should know I'm green but I'll find my way around
Heard the whispers, now let's see what all the talk's about
I'm taking in the sights and measuring the sounds
Heard the whispers, now let's see what all the talk's about
- Seventeen • Troye Sivan

"Are you sure you want to do this? I'm pretty sure I beat you last time?"

  "Then this is the perfect excuse to try and beat you."

     James watched as Caspian smirked, twisting his sword skilfully. He wondered how they had gotten to this point, but the blonde didn't mind at all. Of course he didn't. He was close to Caspian, and Caspian was all that mattered to him.

     "Alright." Smiled James, picking his own sword from the holder, and twisting it behind his back before pointing it towards Caspian's chest. "Scared yet?"

  The clanging of metal thrusted against James' sword. "Not at all."

     Within seconds, swords were spinning and attacking with skill. There was no malice behind any of it, and it was mostly fun, and James was enjoying practicing his technique. After all you can't use a sword in Cambridge; it wouldn't end very well at all.

    There were points were James would turn around, and his back would be to Caspian. In those moments, he would get a little tap on the back with the blade of a sword. This was only to pull him back into the fight, and then, James would dominate for a short while.

     James didn't mind the fight. It was fun. Especially when he managed to twist Caspian's arm around his back. Unfortunately, that move was the one that lost him the battle as Caspian's sword ended on his neck.

     The blade was cold, and James was unable to move as the King was behind him, holding it in place. He didn't mind it at all, really. Caspian was close, and James was somewhere very proud, for some weird reason.

     With a grin, James spoke up. "You've grown stronger." Then, he continued, tone never wavering. "And your technique has improved massively, your posture is so much better."

  "All thank to you." Caspian removed the sword from the King's neck, and pushed it back into the holder. He took James' hand, and span him around so that their faces were close. Though they did not kiss, their foreheads pressed together created a similar sort of intimacy.

     It was a nice moment. It was the most beautiful of moments that could be shared in such a place.

    Quickly, it was stripped from them as Drinian called to all of the men who had watched them.

  "Alright! Back to work!"

     At that, Caspian stepped back with a beaming grin. He had things to be getting one with, even if he wanted to be with James the entire time.

    Instead, the High King marched towards Edmund, who was with Lucy. He was passed a drink, to which he said a thank you to, before finally joining the conversation properly.

  "Did you enjoy yourself over there?" Questioned Harvey, with a large smirk.

  "I did, rather." Replied James.

  "Do you think, if we keep sailing to the end of the world, we'll just... tip off the door edge?" Lucy asked, sort of afraid to loose embarrassed.