Chapter 68 - Take your medicine

The next day when it was nearly time to get off work, Meng Gu called to say he could only leave later.  He will take his dinner at the hospital and told her to take her dinner first.  Chen Ruo Yu agreed and said that after her dinner, she will go to the hospital to wait for him. 

After the two people had agreed on the arrangement, Chen Ruo Yu made a trip home after work.  When she left her home and was going to meet up with Meng Gu, she saw Lu Bao Ni pacing back and forth outside the district entrance.  

Chen Ruo Yu had a deep impression of Lu Bao Ni and could recognize her with a glance.  Lu Bao Ni looked hesitant and nervous.  Lu Bao Ni looked up and when she saw Chen Ruo Yu, she was stunned for a moment, then she turned around and ran away. 

Chen Ruo Yu wondered what was wrong with the girl.  In the end, Lu Bao Ni did not run far away but suddenly turned back, ran towards Chen Ruo Yu and said.  “If you see Zhou Zhe, please don’t tell him that you’ve seen me.”

Chen Ruo Yu was surprised and nodded subconsciously.

Lu Bao Ni stressed again.  “You must not tell him.”

This time, Chen Ruo did not nod and looked at the girl suspiciously.

Lu Bao Ni hurriedly said.  “I didn’t do anything bad.  It is just that I don’t want him to know that I had come here to look for him.  I mean, I shouldn’t have come to look for him, so it is better not to let him know.”  She blushed and was so nervous that she stammered.

“Oh.”  This time, Chen Ruo Yu understood.

“Will you promise not to tell him?”  Lu Bao Ni asked.

“Um…….”  Chen Ruo Yu answered.

Lu Bao Ni breathed a sigh of relief.  “Then I’ll leave now.  Sorry about this.  Goodbye.”

Chen Ruo Yu nodded and walked in the direction that Lu Bao Ni left.  She was walking to the bus stop and Lu Bao Ni was also going to the bus stop.  The two of them walked for a short distance and when they found that they were going in the same direction, they smiled politely at each other.

Lu Bao Ni was a little nervous and did not talk to Chen Ruo Yu while they waited for the bus.  Chen Ruo Yu looked at her and suddenly asked.  “Do you like Zhou Zhe?”

Lu Bao Ni jumped with fright and she blushed.  She did not know what to do. 

“Oh, I know.”  Chen Ruo Yu nodded.

“I…….No…….”  Lu Bao Ni tried to explain but when she looked at Chen Ruo Yu’s expression that showed she did not believe her, Lu Bao Ni anxiously grabbed hold of Chen Ruo Yu’s hand.  “Please, don’t tell him.”

Chen Ruo Yu looked at her and thought of that time when she first pursued Meng Gu and the misery she felt.  She could not help but ask.  “You came here to look for him to make a confession?”

Lu Bao Ni said.  “I…….I don’t know what to say to him.  I just came over.”

“You came over and you regretted.  Now, you want to leave?”

“He……I……..”  Lu Bao Ni muttered.  “He plans to go back to his hometown.  If I tell him this, it seems it will give him more problems.  He is a good man.  But if I don’t tell him, I’m afraid I will never have the chance to tell him.”