Chapter 13: Gathering

Chen Ruo Yu spent the whole day in fear.  In the end, nothing happened.

The Mongolian doctor had suddenly disappeared.  No text messages, no phone calls and he did not suddenly appear in front of her.  This had caused her to look at her phone the whole day and her worries, the last time she had leaked out her house address, were all in vain.

Could it be, after having a good night's sleep had caused him to have a guilty conscience?  After waking up he realized his behavior was shameful and hateful, so decided not to settle scores with her?

Liang Sisi noticed that in the morning when Chen Ruo Yu left for work, she was distracted and at night, when she returned from work, it seemed as if she was in a trance.  Finally, Liang Sisi could not help but ask.  "What had happened to you recently?"

Chen Ruo Yu thought for a long time on what she should say.  "I've provoked someone whom I shouldn't have provoked."

Liang Sisi looked deeply at her for a while and said.  "Ruo Yu, your appearance tells me you have fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have loved."

"Ah?"  What kind of eyes does this person have?  Chen Ruo Yu kept shaking her head.  "No, no, I didn’t fall in love."  Eight hundred years ago, she had stopped loving him.  No, that is wrong, it should be……before she had even fallen in love, she had decided she could not love him.

"But this time your anxiety is totally different from the fear you had for the two bastards who assaulted you."

Ah, yes……that matter with the two bastards is still not settled yet.  She had been discharged for two days and she had almost forgotten about it.

"So what is the situation of the entanglement with the person you provoked?"

Chen Ruo Yu was drawn back from her thoughts when she was asked this question.  She pondered for a while and said.  "It was a friend's friend.  We had a misunderstanding earlier on and the two of us dislike each other.  From time to time, he would cause me trouble.  No, that's wrong, he is not troublesome…….you know, only a bit irritating."

"I don’t know.  What do I know?"  Liang Sisi shook her head.

"Sisi!"

"Ai……"  Liang Sisi seriously answered her.

Chen Ruo Yu felt a bit crazy.  She stood up and walked two steps forward, waved her hand and rephrased her words.  "That is to say, there is an annoying man who always comes and provokes you, what will you do?"

"He wants to chase you?"

"No, of course not."  Chen Ruo Yu was startled.  "He doesn't want to chase me."

"If he doesn't want to chase you, then what is the point of provoking you?"

Chen Ruo Yu was stunned.  What logic is this?

"I haven't seen a man who doesn't want to chase you and would come to mess around with you.  He is not even sick."  Liang Sisi's voice was like a master's voice tone.  "So, Chen Ruo Yu, are you sure?"

Chen Ruo Yu nodded.  "I'm sure he doesn't want to chase me."

"How about you?"

"What?"

"What are you worried about?"

What is she worried about?  She just told her, didn’t she?

Chen Ruo Yu walked back and forth.  Why is she having difficulty communicating with Sisi?

Liang Sisi stared at her figure swaying back and forth, then suddenly she became excited.  "Ruo Yu, Ruo Yu, are you now walking the path of joyful enemies*?" (欢喜冤家)