Chapter 15: Calling home

The celebratory supper of welcoming home cum exposure of secrets finally ended at 10 pm that night. 

During the second half of the supper, everyone's fiery attention was focused on Lei Feng.  Yin Ze and Meng Gu talked about Lei Feng on how cold he was as a child and how he had racked his brains to coax and trick Xiao Yun.  They also told them about the shady things Lei Feng did behind Xiao Yun's back and everything was added with spicy bits of information and was spilled out in front of Xiao Yun.

Ding Xiao Yun smiled shyly as she listened.  She did not hide nor got angry and was graceful.  Chen Ruo Yu felt that this girl is really lovable, beautiful and cute.

Lei Feng would from time to time banter with the two men but his hand was tightly holding on to Ding Xiao Yun.  Very arrogantly he displayed an image that he already has his wife and he does not mind whatever they say to discredit him.

In the end, the concluding speech was said by Ding Xiao Yun.  She said.  "Don’t make a fuss anymore.  In fact, Lei Feng has many hidden secrets that he never told you all."

"I only just say he is cold."

"What you know are just small details."  Ding Xiao Yun blinked and smiled sweetly.

"Is there a big secret hidden from us?  Xiao Yu, quickly tell us."

"No."  Ding Xiao Yun smiled even sweeter.  "It's late.  This meeting is over."

"What?"  Yin Ze clutched his chest.  "This is too poisonous.  The most poisonous is a woman's heart.  This is keeping me in suspense and also she announced the meeting is over.  We have made a mistake.  It is Xiao Yun who is the mastermind behind the scenes and our Lei Fei is innocent."

Ding Xiao Yun laughed out loudly.  Lei Feng kissed her cheek and pulled her up.  Then he said loudly.  "Well, this meeting is over.  It is late and my Xiao Yun is tired."

Meng Gu smirked.  "If she follows you home, she will feel even more tired."

These words were really indecent.  As an observer, Chen Ruo Yu blushed slightly.

But the person involved, Lei Feng did not move.  He retaliated by saying.  "Everyone return to your own home.  If you have a wife, you can hug your wife.  If you don’t have a wife, you can hug your pillow.  Goodnight."

Poisonous, really poisonous, ah!

Yin Ze immediately turned around and asked Gao Yu Lan.  "I don’t have to hug a pillow, do I?"

Gao Yu Lan blushed and ignored him.

Meng Gu smirked.  "When I go back, I will name my pillows.  One -- 'Feng', One -- 'Yun' and I will sleep in the middle, hugging one pillow in each arm."

Lei Feng gave him a kick, then said goodbye to everyone and left with Ding Xiao Yun.

Yin Ze as the boss had to stay back to monitor the tidying up of the restaurant.  Yin Ning was carrying the tired Niu Niu who had fallen asleep and of course, Gao Yu Lan had to follow them and take care of the family.

Chen Ruo Yu was left alone.

Under such circumstances, naturally, Meng Gu should send her back.  Meng Gu did not say anything and from beginning to end, he acted as if he did not make that phone call last night.  It was as if he did not send any scary text messages and had nothing to do with Chen Ruo Yu at all.

Chen Ruo Yu felt a little embarrassed in her heart and could only stare.  She pretended nothing was amiss and followed Meng Gu down the stairs.  In fact, she really wanted to have the guts to tell him she can go home on her own but it was so late and the buses were no longer running.  She would have to spend money taking a taxi.  For the sake of her poor purse, she decided to take the risk of sitting in Meng Gu's car.