Chapter 2: Pursuing Meng Gu

Chen Ruo Yu met Meng Gu because of her good friend Gao Yu Lan.  Meng Gu is the buddy of Gao Yu Lan's husband, Yin Ze.  On a certain day, Yin Ze and his friend were involved in a fight and went to the hospital where Meng Gu was working, to look for the outpatient doctor to tend to their wounds.  Chen Ruo Yu followed them and met this Dr. Meng Gu who regardless of his name or attitude, did not seem one bit like a doctor.

He said that his father's surname was Meng and his mother's surname was Gu and so his name was Meng Gu.

When Chen Ruo Yu heard this, she had wanted to laugh because a person with the name of Meng Gu could also be a doctor. 

Combining his name, he is called……Meng Gu Doctor. (In Chinese it means Mongolian Doctor).  A doctor with such a name, isn't this a tragedy?

(In Chinese history, Meng Gu was the wife of Nurhachi, the founding father of the Later Jin Dynasty.  She was born in 1575 and died tragically in 1603 at the young age of 28 years)

The first impression this Mongolian doctor gave Chen Ruo Yu was……he is handsome and humorous.

She likes males who are lively and humorous because she is the type that is bold and carefree, a bit on the rough side.  So she is not interested in the type of males who are gentle and sensitive.

But she had made a mistake.  She could not distinguish the difference between someone who is cheerful and humorous and…….someone who is thick-skinned and has an uncouth mouth.

At that time, she was in a critical period of a woman's life.  She was of marriageable age, she did not have a boyfriend, she was struggling alone working in a foreign city and she needed care and love.

Then when she looked back, she had to admit that sometimes women at this stage of life when she was eager to be satisfied emotionally, it was easy to make a mistake.  At that time, she was like this. 

She had made the mistake of acknowledging his uncouth mouth as humor and from then on, her life was molded by her mistake.

At that time, she had given herself two persons to choose from.  One was Yin Ze's good friend, Mr. Lei Feng, a policeman who was steady, generous, polite and sincere.  The other was the Mongolian doctor, Meng Gu.

Although it was said to be two choices, in fact, Chen Ruo Yu did not fall in love at first sight with either one.  It was only that she had met two men with good qualities at that time.  She only harbored a feeling of hunting in her heart and was indecisive.  It was only a problem of an ordinary woman.  She admitted that she had many problems and she was a very common woman.

In short, Chen Ruo Yu did not know who she should choose at that time.  So she made another mistake.  She asked her friend Gao Yu Lan to help ferret information from Yin Ze regarding the two men.  She just wanted to know whether they were single, their interests, hobbies, etc.  As a very practical modern woman, she thought this would be more secure and after getting the information, then she can decide who she will pursue.

Yes, she does not mind being the one to take the initiative.  She is not a feminist and neither is she a weak woman who obeys without questions.  She just wants to be an ordinary woman who can have a good relationship with a man, holds a good job and live peaceful good days.

She strived hard living a full life, worked hard at her job and she did not mind working hard at taking the initiative to look for a partner.

So after learning that Mr. Lei Feng already has a fiancée, Chen Ruo Yu naturally Meng Gu became her target.

This was the biggest mistake she made.

One mistake followed by another mistake.

She committed the mistake of believing in her first impression of Meng Gu.  She was totally unaware of the true nature of this wretched man which caused a series of exchanges in the future, resulting in misfortunes for her.