Chapter 8: We are friends

Of course, she did not actually kick him.

And he looked like a normal doctor who was seriously doing his work, carefully teaching the junior doctors.  He was very patient with the sick and answered all their questions in detail.  He was humorous, witty and made the patients very happy.

Chen Ruo Yu did not speak throughout his routine inspection of the ward.  She felt that this man when he was seriously at work, he was really charming and not annoying at all.  And he did not cause her any trouble in front of others but only when he looked at her, he would reveal a kind of ambiguous expression.

No, she had used the wrong adjective again.  That is not ambiguous, this wretched man is disdainful of her.  Wrong, it should be said that she disdains him.

In short, Chen Ruo Yu as a patient and Meng Gu as a doctor did not have any problems with each other for the next two days.  The situation was so harmonious that Chen Ruo Yu suspected she had become stupid after being assaulted by the two wicked men and now she is having illusions.

But on the third day, Chen Ruo Yu finally confirmed that she had not become stupid.  She was still a normal person.

That day Chen Ruo Yu felt better and so dressed in the patient's clothes she went downstairs to sit in the garden and basked in the sunshine.  She was calculating the hospital expenses she had incurred and at the same time wondering whether she should go and ask if she could be discharged.  At this moment, the handsome man in his big white coat floated to her side and sat down beside her.

Chen Ruo Yu felt a bit uncomfortable and subconsciously moved aside.  She coughed twice and her mind became muddled.  At this time, Meng Gu started to speak.

"Chen Ruo Yu, I know what you are thinking."

What is she thinking?  She is not thinking of anything!

At most, she could only think that it would be so nice if she had not met this Mongolian doctor before.  Or perhaps, (she pondered)……after she leaves the hospital, she will pretend she does not know him.  Or else, (her thoughts churned)……this Mongolian doctor had behaved well for the last two days and now, does he want to give her some harsh words again?  This time she must control her mouth and must not embarrass herself.  Maybe, (she thought again)……why was it that when she was determined to stay far away from him, she would always end up meeting him?  Or else, (she pondered again)………

"Do you need me to inform Gao Yu Lan to come over and visit you?"

"Ah?"  Chen Ruo Yu was startled.  She was suddenly brought back to the present from her wandering thoughts.  "No, no."  Her hands and head shook at the same time.  "Don’t tell her."

After being assaulted and sent to the hospital, this type of thing it was better not to let others know.  It was also best not to let others know about her strange relationship with this Mongolian doctor.

"Chen Ruo You, in fact, you don’t understand me."

"What?'  Chen Ruo Yu suspected she had a concussion from the assault and therefore she has problems with her hearing and understanding, or else why is she unable to understand Meng Gu's words?

From knowing what she was thinking then jumping to Gao Yu Lan and then jumping to understanding him again.  In the middle of this, there is no transition and there is no link between the former and the latter.

Chen Ruo Yu raised her badly bruised arm and waved.  "Dr. Meng, please speak slowly."

Meng Gu grinned and smiled.  "That night, you held my hand and refused to let go."