Chapter 7: In the hospital

Chen Ruo Yu blushed and realized she had made a mistake in her speech.  *****?  She actually meant to say……..Little brother?   Small brother?   Second brother?.......

Her face became redder, so much so she felt blood was about drip.

Why did she have to make an embarrassing remark about that part of the male anatomy?  How is female dignity related to that?  Vulgar, ah…..so vulgar!  She felt regretful.  She really has brain damage.

It was all his fault.  He had mentioned a comparison between a man's dignity and a woman's body and that had caused her to do a similar comparison.

Stinky rogue, he had misled her!  She is a civilized person and she will definitely not say such vulgar words.

Chen Ruo Yu picked up the hot water flask, squeezed past Meng Gu and hurried out.

"Hey, our conversation is not finished yet.  What other fresh metaphors and similes do you have?  Tell me!"  Meng Gu laughed loudly behind her.

Laugh?  What is there to laugh at?

She slipped away quickly as if her feet were oiled.  She wanted to get far away from him, far away…….far, far away………..

But in life, sometimes the things you are afraid of, are things that will come to you.

Not only was Chen Ruo Yu unable to stay far away from him, but she was also admitted to the hospital and her attending doctor was coincidentally called Meng Gu.

This matter happened like this.

Chen Ruo Yu's customer who bought insurance from her was involved in a car accident.  By right, he would have received compensation since he had bought insurance but there was a problem regarding the nature of the accident.  Responsibility for the accident was not clearly defined and the compensation paid out was very much lower than anticipated.  The policyholder was a single parent and Chen Ruo Yu felt that her customer had trusted her and so bought insurance from her. Since now there is a problem, it was only right she should come forward to help him.  So she ran around and looked for the company, looked for the traffic police and looked for all the relevant departments.  She had to go through various processes, established relationships and all these were not easy tasks.  Because the reports made by both parties concerned were not consistent and there were no surveillance cameras installed at the place of the accident, therefore the traffic police were also uncertain.

After running around for more than half a month, finally, the focus fell on the main party involved.  But the man had fervently denied it was his fault and insisted that it was Chen Ruo Yu's customer who had violated traffic regulations and hit him.

Chen Ruo Yu was badly hurt in the process of getting the truth.  During the time she tried to get the people to tell the truth, she nearly broke her leg with all the running around.  And coincidentally, during those few days, her mother called her every day to inquire about her job and the friends she has. 

"Ruo Yu, I heard from your uncle that big companies give yearly increments.  Since your company is also a big company, does your company also do the same?  You have been gone for more than a year, did you also get an increment?  And also, our next-door neighbor Ah Yan's daughter who did not have a good education, after working for two years with her company, recently she was promoted to the position of a manager.  I also told them you are also a manager working in a trading company.  A big company, a business manager, right?"

Chen Ruo Yu sighed in her heart.  How is she going to tell her mother?  These worldly pursuits……out of ten office workers, five are managers.  Three of the five claimed to be managers and the remaining two want to be managers.  The title of ‘Manager’ is really worthless.