Chapter 31: MG's ex-girlfriend

Chen Ruo Yu felt her face turned slightly red.   She quickened her steps thinking to move ahead of him and found her hand was clasped in Meng Gu’s hand.  When she pulled her hand away, she turned back to sneak a look at him.  Perhaps it was because he had drunk some wine, there was a lazy smile on his face and he looked somewhat relaxed. 

Feeling angry, she said.  “You’re really outrageous.  If it had been me, seeing my friend is worried about me, I would definitely feel very guilty and will not feel so proud like you.  What is there to be so proud of?”

She was very fierce.  Meng Gu did not seem to mind, only gave a humph and replied.  “Are you referring to that time when you canceled your cell phone number and hid in the hospital?  That time when no one could find you and made your friends worried about you…..did you feel guilty?”

She choked.  This person is really remarkably agile with recounting old debts. 

“Let me tell you, I have a good reason for making those phone calls to you.”

“Uh.”  He nodded and walked lazily alongside her.

“You’ve forgotten to give me Director Liu’s note.”

Meng Gu seemed to be surprised, then he nodded his head.  “Oh…..it’s that.”

“Right, it’s that.”  Chen Ruo Yu finally found a good topic.  “Quickly give me the note, or else you’ll forget again. I’ve already told Mr. Tang and it will not be nice if I can’t produce the note.”

Suddenly Meng Gu quickened his footsteps and Chen Ruo Yu who had short legs had to speed up her pace to follow him.  “Dr. Meng, give me the note now.”

“It’s in the car.  Later I’ll give it to you.”

Chen Ruo Yu pouted and when Meng Gu saw her expression, he made as if to go back the way they came.  “Okay, okay……let’s not eat.  Now, we’ll go back and I’ll get it for you.”

Ai……”  When she looked at her surroundings, she realized that they had walked quite far.  It was not good for him to go hungry and she quickly pulled him back.  “Wait, why are you so petty?  Let’s eat first before we go back for it.”

“Then you’ll have to remind yourself.”  He had an expression which seemed to say ~ don’t blame me if you forget ~ which made her want to give him a punch again.

When they finally reached the small shop, they found it was not opened for business.

Chen Ruo Yu was flabbergasted and bit her lip while Meng Gu looked at her without speaking. 

“I didn’t know they were closed today.  Normally, they are opened for business every day.”

“My luck is very good.”  Meng Gu lifted his eyebrows and rubbed his stomach.

“There’s a McDonald’s at the corner of the street.  It is open 24 hours and we just have to go a bit further.”

“I feel a pain in my stomach.  I want to eat noodle in hot soup.”

“You feel a pain in your stomach and you still want to drink.”  She wanted to scold him and say he deserved it but after thinking it over, she swallowed back her words.

Meng Gu looked at her without any guilt.  Chen Ruo Yu recalled how worried she was tonight and really could not stay angry with him.  She still seriously helped him to think of where he could have a bowl of hot noodle soup but after a long time, she still could not think of any place.

“It’s so late.  I really don’t know where we can get a bowl of hot noodle soup nearby.  Otherwise, we can go back and I’ll cook you some noodle.  I’ll have to inform Sisi first.  Is that alright?’