Chapter 78 - Son-in-law

The person who opened the door was Second Auntie.

When she saw Chen Ruo Yu brought back a young man, she was stunned. 

Chen Ruo Yu led Meng Gu into the living room and all the voices that were in conversation gradually subsided.  Everyone was shocked.  Is this considered a new method of magically producing a living person?

Chen Brother who was closely monitoring the movements in the living room, stuck out his head to look at the scene.  The moment he saw the situation, he quickly scooted to the door of the bedroom to watch the excitement.

“This is my boyfriend, he is called Meng Gu.”  Chen Ruo Yu nervously made an introduction.

Everyone stared at both of them and no one spoke.  Chen Mother’s mouth was opened very big in surprise, so big that a large duck egg could be stuffed into her mouth.  In her heart, she still regretted that she had slapped her daughter but she also felt angry that her daughter was disobedient and was always looking for excuses to deal with them.  She was anxious for her daughter and wanted to find a good partner for her as soon as possible.  She had not expected that her daughter would run out, turn around and really come back with a boyfriend.

She could not have rushed down to the streets, turn around, just picked up a handsome guy and brought him back, right?

The first person to respond was the old Grandmother.  She walked over with her cane and looked at Meng Gu seriously.  She said.  “Are you the doctor boyfriend that Xiao Yu was talking about?  You look good, really good indeed.”

Chen Ruo Yu touched Meng Gu.  “This is my Grandma.”

“Grandma, how are you?”  Meng Gu responded quickly and greeted her.

“Good, good.  Such a good boy!”  Grandma was very happy, turned around and said to everyone.  “Look, all of you always say I am confused.  In fact, I am not confused.  I can still remember Xiao Yu has a doctor boyfriend.”

Chen Ruo Yu was nearly moved to tears.  Only Grandma is good to her and in the end, only Grandmas believed she has a doctor boyfriend.

This time, everyone finally reacted and Chen Father found a chair for Meng Gu.  The others did not want to play mahjong anymore and the table was kept away to make room.  No one wanted to watch TV anymore and it was turned off in case the sounds would hinder listening in to gossip.  Melon seeds were not eaten lest one’s image would be lost in front of the handsome doctor.  Later there would not be any momentum when questions were asked.

In short, there was a burst of chaos.

Then that Li Chao who was dragged over by her Elder Auntie finally found a chance to make his escape.  He took the opportunity to stand up and say goodbye.  When Chen Ruo Yu saw the expression of relief on his face and the look of relief in his eyes, she felt a little more sympathy for him. 

As she looked at the direction of Li Chao making his escape, Meng Gu turned her face around and said.  “Introduce them to me.”

“This is my Dad, this is my Mom.”

“Dad……Mom……”  Meng Gu greeted them directly and had no intention of going through the transition period of using the title ‘Uncle or Auntie.’ 

Chen Father and Chen Mother have not fully recovered from the surprise of her daughter’s sudden return with a handsome boyfriend and they were now again stunned by his enthusiastic familiar greeting.

Can he just casually call them ‘Dad and Mom’?

Next to be introduced was the large group of relatives ranging from Aunties, Uncles, Cousin Brothers, and Cousin Sisters.  Meng Gu gave a smooth performance and no matter whether he remembered or not, he just greeted everyone following Chen Ruo Yu as she introduced them.