You Lied To Me

Chapter II

"Lucy..." he whispered as he recognized the face of his wife he so much missed. Lucy, the very reason for his return and revenge is now truly, dead. Much worst, she died in his own hands.
"No..."
"Lucy!!!" he poured his grief to his cold heart; crying out his wife's name as he carried her lifeless body onto his lap and embraced it.

"Lucy!!!" This can't be. All this time he thought she was dead. That's what Mrs. Lovett told him.

"You!!! You killed her!!!" he shouted at Mrs. Lovett who stood up only to lean closer on the wall as she struggled to gain her balance.

"You mother fucker killed her! You said she was dead!" again he pinned her on the wall, his razor is back on her neck again, creating a little slit that starts to bleed.

"You killed her! Not me!" she managed to shout back. Sweeney Todd screamed out loud and punched the wall beside her face with his left hand. The cracking sound of both his knuckles and the brick itself made her tremble.
Nellie had never been more frightened all her life.

"You fucking bitch told me she was dead! Now she is, and so will you!!!" he pushed the knife slowly and deeper into her neck, looking at her eyes as he did. His hand remained tightly gripping the razor on her neck as memories came rushing through his head whilst looking at Eleonor Lovett's eyes. Her lovely brown eyes which used to smile with her lips when she was twelve, when she was just a girl who would come up to Lucy and care for his wife when she was pregnant with Johanna, he knew Nellie so much wanted a baby sister, the little girl's frustration was answered when its lovely tenant got pregnant, they were both fond of Nellie right from the day they set foot on Fleet street and rented the room upstairs owned by her parents.

'She was twelve, Ben.' A soft voice echoed in his mind. A voice that haunted him for what seemed like forever.

'She was twelve, it wasn't her who threw those knives on my neck.' Said the voice again. It was Lucy's voice.

'That woman is our Nellie, Ben... She has grown up beautifully hasn't she?' The voice continued talking to him and he looked at the woman he was holding, her eyes met his dark ones and something tugged at his heart.

He shook his head and whispered something as he looked at her again, her eyes now dilated with so much fear. He then felt a hot fluid on the side of his palm. It was thick, it was red and it was coming from Nellie.

'Nellie?' Did he just hear himself call her Nellie? He questioned himself. This woman is Nellie... He stared at her, again at her eyes that were gradually losing his gaze...gradually losing life.

What the hell was he doing to her?! What the hell was he doing all this time?! Her blood is now flowing through the knife. Realizing the blade has already gone deep and cut her flesh, any deeper would already cause her death if he hits a vein.

"N-Ne...!" He stopped confused. "Mrs. Lovett!!!" he held her neck realizing she's gradually losing blood. He cut the layers of her skirt and immediately put the fabric on her neck to stop it from bleeding.

"Hold it Mrs. Lovett." he spoke in authoritative voice and she obliged.
He ran as fast as he could to get her first aid kit but by the time he got back, Mrs. Lovett was already on the floor, on her hand was the bloody fabric he commanded her to put on the wound.
"Mrs. Lovett!" he checked her pulse, he was positive she only fainted. Again, he looked at the body of the other woman in that bloody room as he carried Mrs. Lovett in his arms, bridal way and rushed her upstairs to treat the wound.