"I Love You...Goodbye"

Chapter XXX (Finale)

The season of cheers came in and brushed away all the tears of both Benjamin and Eleonor Barker.

Christmas.
A new beginning for a brand new life full of hope.

Girls and boys from round the town sing cheerful Christmas carols to every house they pass by.
Elle watched the little kids playing by the shore in their shining red coats and thick boots to keep them warm from the cold breeze of Christmas air. It's the first Christmas she is celebrating with her husband and she wondered how nice it would feel when their baby will be celebrating the season with them as well. She looked down lovingly at her round tummy and gently touched it. That was then, three loud knocks caught her attention and she raised from the wooden chair in front of the piano that is now being displayed in the living room. She took her time walking to the front door, her right hand is pressing behind her back. She was feeling a little heavier since this morning. It has also been so frequent that the baby would kick inside her womb.
"Getting agressive, you are." She touched her baby bump with her other hand when the baby kicked again, followed by mild contractions before she finally reached the door and Johanna and Anthony greeted her with very huge smiles.

"Welcome home!!!" Elle wrapped her arms around Johanna and kissed her cheeks as she motioned them inside the house.
She and Anthony just got to the house to celebrate Christmas with them. They've been in Paris all the months past and Christmas Season was an opportunity for them to come back to this 'home' by the sea.
"God! You're so...pregnant, mom!" The beautiful young lady exclaimed as she distance herself from Nellie and looked at her huge tummy with awe in her eyes. It has been so comfortable now addressing her father's young wife as "mom", Nellie has always been so nice and loving towards her.
"Pregnancy becomes you. You look amazing in spite of this baby bump here... Can I touch it?" Her deep blue eyes met Nellie's chocolate brown ones as she asked permission from her. Nellie giggled and nodded at Johanna.
"Of course you can, dear."
"I'm so excited!" She said as she leaned a little and gently touched her mom's tummy.
"I hope its a girl!" She wished as she looked at her eyes.
Nellie laughed a little with what she said.
"You're the only one wishing for a girl, dear. Your father and Toby are both expecting a baby boy." Nellie held her back again, she gets exhausted quite easily these past few days. She's expected to give birth any time next week.
"And you?" Johanna asked. "Do you want a baby boy too, mom?" Johanna wrapped her arms around Nellie's back and assisted her to sit down on the sofa, hoping that she wants a baby girl too like she does.
"I'm quite unsure actually." Nellie answered as she sits down.
"We both got a girl and a boy already... you and Toby, you see. I don't know what to expect, really... Just as long as the baby is healthy." She smiled as she automatically touched her tummy and leaned her back on the sofa. She breathed through her mouth when she felt another contraction.
"And as long as he looks like his mother." Benjamin suddenly butts in, he was smiling while wiping his hands with a clean cloth. He was in charge of the feast for Christmas Eve later that day. He only just put the salmon steak in the oven when he heard the voice of his first born in the living room. He walked closer to them, Johanna stood up and gave him a big hug followed by a kiss on the cheeks.
"Sir..." Anthony offered him a handshake which he took as he smiled at the young man who is taking good care of his daughter.

"How are you, love?" Benjamin asked Johanna after awhile.
"Never been better, Dad." She smiled.
"Glad to hear you're getting along pretty well, Anthony and Johanna." Benjamin gave them a genuine smile before he sat down beside his wife and kissed her forehead.
"You ok, love?" He asked while gently touching her round tummy in front of him. He noticed Elle looked so exhausted. She nodded a little before she spoke:
"Just that... The baby keeps on kicking me today." She smiled widely and giggled when the baby kicked again as she talked about him.
"I felt that!" Ben exclaimed when the baby did kick again.
"Looks like we're having a silly boy." He laughed and the baby kicked again making Elle groaned in surprise, the kick was a little stronger than how it used to be.
It wasn't so long after Toby came in from playing outside and greeted all of them. He sat down on the other side of the sofa beside his mum and leaned on her tummy to listen to the baby inside her.
"Mum, can I teach my baby brother how to make sand castles when he comes out?" He asked as he looked up to Elle smiling down on him.
"Of course dear." She touched his cheeks.