Epilogue

Five years later...
Spring Days

A woman looked out the window of her new found home. She moved in that place just yesterday afternoon and she already loves it so much. Her golden yellow hair waves following the gentle breeze of spring air that afternoon but she didn't mind the strands that keep on floating in front of her face. It has been so long since she let her hair fall down. She spent five long years of her life with her hair kept on a bun to keep it from falling whenever she is in the operating room; saving lives of people she doesn't know but care about. Now it shouldn't be like that. She is now free to do anything she wants with her life. She is now free to spend it anyhow she likes. The idea brought her joy and sadness at the same time. She loved being a doctor, she loved saving lives of other people, but she realized lately that she'd ruined her own life in quest of this noble profession of saving others.
She breathed hard and erased the thoughts bugging her mind. The world is beautiful, this new place she has found is fantastic. She leaned on her palm, her elbow is resting on the window pane of her room and looked at the sea in front of her. This place she is renting, well she can't say it is extravagant, it was actually just a simple studio type room residing above what seemed like a bakeshop. She can't tell because the space under her room is closed, for how many months or years, she doesn't know.
Her space though has a small living room connected to an equally small kitchen which is opposite a small room where she put all her things for the mean time. Then there's this room, it is bigger than the other one and it was facing the sea.
She didn't expect much, really. When she got to this place in Le Touquet, she already set her mind that she might be living in a totally opposite life she had in America where her room is exactly where a doctor such as herself should be. Extravagant it is, but not as beautiful as this new place. Her room in New York is facing the busy city, if you look outside the window all you can see are the people walking fast like they are all after something so urgent and the loud thumping of horses with cariages in all corners of the street. While in this place, you have the peaceful view of the sea, and the clouds meeting it.
There is also this beautiful plum blossom tree she didn't even know existed in France. Typically the tree would be found in Asian countries such as China and Japan. The flowers of the tree attracted her eyes the first time she saw it yesterday. It was right beside the house of the Barker family who owns this place. She can see it because it was planted in front of the right side of the house. When she passed by it yesterday, she noticed that it was facing a huge window on the second floor which she concluded as the master's bedroom. How nice could it be to wake up each morning and be greeted by such a lovely tree towering outside the window pane, she thought.
She smiled at herself with what she just thought, usually all she could ever think of were hospitals, patients, scrub suits and blood. Now she's thinking about this other side of life.

"Bella, come back here!!!" Shouted a small voice of a boy.
"I swear I'm gonna tell daddy!"
"No, you won't Billy!" The little girl replied giggling.
"Bella, just come down here, will you!?"
"No! Have to get the last egg from here!!!" Replied the little girl again. The woman looked out to see where the voices were coming from. The kids were speaking in French and she hardly understand what they were saying. All she understood were their names and the eggs the little girl mentioned. They are probably looking for eggs. That was only then she realized that today is Easter Sunday.

She looked down and saw the kids playing around the plum blossom tree. The little girl just jumped from it to her surprise.
"What if you fell Bella?!" The little boy asked before he helped the little girl fix her dress, beside him is a Shetland Sheepdog.
"Well, I didn't right?" Replied the little girl giggling before she took off the boy's hat and ran off. The little boy started running after her in chase of his hat, the dog was also running after the kids. When he reached the girl, he took off her headband instead of his own hat and they both laughed so hard.