"I can't lose you Nellie..."

Chapter IX

Nellie slowly opened her eyes and looked around her, seeing that her room hasn't changed reassured her that she's still on Earth. She breathed hard and moved only to groan as she felt her whole body aching. She tightly closed her eyes and tried to remember the events last night, she'd been sickly and depressed these past few weeks. Memories came rushing in her conscious mind, she can still clearly remember that bloody night she almost died in Sweeney Todd's hands. She hid her face on the pillow she was hugging to wash away the traumatizing memories. She felt so tired...Really really tired of everything that was happening in her life. She lifted her upper body a little bit to get used to the soreness but realized that was a wrong move, she felt excruciating pain in between her thighs when she moved her leg a little bit and she groaned again.

"Nell..." a husky but very manly voice whispered to her. She felt the man's breath on her hair, inhaling her scent, then he kissed her back. Is she dreaming? 'No' she told herself, she can absolutely feel herself.
The man kissed the back of her head again.
Now she was fully awake. Her eyes opened wide and she breathed hard as if she was suffocating. She then realized his arms were wrapped around her body when he embraced her closer to him. Then his arms raised to touch her neck with the back of his palm.
"How'd ya feel, pet?" he asked, she knows that voice, but God! please no! She begged. His palm now resting on her breast and started playing with her nipple that she gasped for more air.
She can't move because of fear. What was happening? Why is she...
Nellie looked down, that was only then she noticed that she was naked and her arms were bruised.

"Nellie." Sweeney lifted his body to look at the woman beside him. He was sure she's awake. He can hear her breathing hard and moving.
Nellie met his gaze and instantly she was trembling in fear. It was indeed him, the man who tried to kill her weeks ago. She can feel her heart pumping double time as she trembled in fear. What had he done to her?
Mr. Todd frowned at her, before his features softened.
"Nellie... Oh God..." he lifted his body and held her arm. She can't remember anything, he confirmed by the way her eyes looked at him with so much fear.
"I won't hurt you Nell... I...I..." he stummered. Her lips were shaking and she was trying to get away from him.
"Hush, love... I won't hurt you. Please calm down..."
Nellie grabbed the blanket and covered herself with it. She almost screamed when she felt the pain in between her thighs again, only this time it was severe and she started sobbing. She can't remember what happened and how it happened...but it is confirmed...that he took her. She isn't as naive or stupid to not know that. The thought brought her more fear. First he wanted to kill her and now, he'd already harassed her sexually.

"Nell, it isn't what you think it is..." he combed his fingers on his hair.
"You were convulsing last night. You would've died if I didn't..."
"If you didn't rape me?!" she said furiously as tears fell from her lovely eyes, for a moment she thought he would suddenly grab her neck and strangle her to death. She waited for his furious eyes but his features soften, or is she just imagining things? Sweeney Todd has no such things in his bone. He has no compassion, softness or whatsoever.

"You're speaking now..." he smiled at her absentmindedly. What the hell is this man saying? She asked.
"You haven't been yourself lately Nellie... Beadle Bamford..." he said softly. Nellie looked at him then she was lost again trying to sink in what happened before this day. Her tears fell and she covered her mouth with her hand as memories of what brought her trauma came back to her now conscious mind.
"He tried to rape you." he nodded when he looked at her after noticing that she had regain that memory.

"And you...You wanted to kill me..." her voice was shaking.
"N-No... I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking that time, I was too occupied by my anger and greed for revenge. I truly am sorry..." he reached for her but she shakily stayed away from his touch. She can feel her heart ready to burst any moment, of fear for this man.
"Nellie..." her features softened. Did he just sounded like Benjamin? Did he just actually called her Nellie?
"I'm sorry about that Nellie..." no, this man isn't Benjamin. This man has no compassion...but why can she feel his words in her veins, why is his eyes telling her that he means every word he was saying.

"I can't lose you Nellie... I can never lose or even hurt you again... Please..." he reached to embrace her but she screamed.
"Nellie..." again, she was trembling in his arms as she screamed and pushed him away.
"I won't hurt you..." his voice was shaking.
"Please! Get your hands off me!!!" He pushed herself to the corner of the bed while trying to keep the blanket covering her naked body. "Stay away from me!" she cried out loud as she struggled to free herself from him.
He let go of her, his hands now holding her arms, shaking her slightly so she is facing him. His eyes gazed at her with sadness then he kissed her forehead. He can feel her trembling.
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you Nellie. Please... Forgive me for frightening you that night. I didn't mean it..." He let go of her and left.
Nellie was left alone in the room, crying, not knowing what and how to think. She just looked at her bruises, his very own imprints on her body and soul. He had her, everything about her. He took everything heartlessly.

(is there a chance for Nellie to heal after everything that Sweeney Todd has done to her? And would Sweeney finally see freedom from his own demons now that he can feel himself feeling emotions again? Now that he'd finally found someone to care about and think of other than revenge? Or would it be better if they go on with their lives, separately? Well, stay tuned my dear readers! Please tell me how you feel about the story!😊)