Chapter 09-"Starry Night"

Jee-ah really didn't know what to do anymore, she's saddened by what Ms. Park did. ("I hope they're okay...")

"Jee-ah... Is there really any point to all of this?"

"Of course there is! Lia, we're going to get out of this shithole, find mom, and live a normal life again. That's my promise to you" Jee-ah held out her pinky.

"Together?"

"Always" They both coiled their pinkies together, sealing the deal.

~timeskip~

All of them were now sitting in a circle.

"I didn't hear anything at all" Cheong-san started. They just looked at him, not understanding what he meant. "I just couldn't hear anything"

[Su-hyeok]"Like what?"

"I mean, after Na-yeon went out... And then Ms. Park went after her. I didn't hear anything after that"

"You mean, screaming?"

"Yeah"

"Maybe they didn't die then.They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting. They must be alive." Dae-su concluded, feeling hopeful.

No one answered him. They didn't want to have false hope.

"Why won't you answer? No one answers me. I'm always talking to myself"

[Dahlia]"People have different ways of dealing with fear and pain. Some are more vocal while others tend to be more quiet"

"Noona, why do you have to be so negative...?" Dae-su muttered.

"You said no one answered you so i answered you. I'm just voicing out my thoughts... Idiot"

"I think you're right" On-jo agreed with Dae-su.

"Forget it"

"I didn't hear anything either"

"Me neither" Hyo-ryung also agreed. "I was scared because I didn't know how I'd feel if I heard them screaming, but I didn't hear anything.

"Come to think of it, neither did I" Joon-yeong concurred.

Most of them agreed by the thought that Na-yeon and Ms. Park didn't die, except for Jee-ah. She wanted to believe it too but, by the way how Dahlia sounded and worded out her point of view, she was convinced that maybe her sister is right.

("Some people tend make up with their own thoughts and conclusions because they refuse to accept the real outcome")

"Then I'm right. They're alive, right?" Everyone nodded.

"Should she be alive?"Ji-min spoke up.

"What do you mean? Joon-yeong asked even though he knew who she was talking about. All of them did.

"She's a murderer. She killed Gyeong-su and walked out of here on her own. Is it even right for her to be alive? Aren't you all being fake?"

"Hey, that's enough. It's all in the past now" Jee-ah tried to silence her.

"Really? Jee-ah, you were than one who yelled at her face telling her you wished that she disappeared. Are you gonna deny it?"

"Yes, I did that but, I regret saying those mean things to her. She was misunderstood, we didn't bother asking her why she was acting like that-"

"Why are defending her?"

Jee-ah paid no attention her and continued. "She was jealous. Jealousy got the best of her. Maybe she acted all mean and arrogant and bullying people lower than her because she thought in made her look cool. Because we gave her good reactions. We laughed at her actions. She only needed someone to correct her ways... She only needed a friend..."