Chapter 9 : " Clubmates "

" So , Kiyo-kun , care to introduce me to your new friends ? "

Kiyotaka awkwardly looked at the other two students who immediately averted their eyes . Yukinoshita nervously started rubbing her own hands up and down , must be a nervous tick , while Hikigaya started grumbling among himself .

Hiratsuka sensei was grinning at the three awkward teenagers like she was having the most fun time ever . Hikaru was still resting her head on her hands while smiling slyly at her son .

Deciding to save his new club members from further embarassment , Kiyotaka looked at his mother with his poker face .

" We are not friends . We just met today . They are acquaintances at best . "

Her smile fell a little bit as she mocked disappointment .

" Yeah I guess , it's not fair of me to ask you on the first day . "

His mother looked at Hiratsuka-sensei who was standing near the window smoking ...

" Thank you once again , Hiratsuka . This would help Kiyotaka a whole lot , I can already feel it . "

The councelor turned her head towards Kiyotaka's mom and gave her a small smile .

" No need to thank me . I just did what you adviced me to do Senpai . Also , I can feel that Kiyotaka-kun's participation in this club would be very important . "

How can you feel that ? Can you time travel or are both of you espers ?

Kiyotaka thought to himself as the other two got up from their seats . Yukinoshita slowly went towards Hiratsuka-sensei and blocked her nose with a handkerchief while approaching her .

" The time is over . I suppose you can close the door sensei . "

" Yeah ... I'll do it . Toss me the keys . "

Yukinoshita lightly threw the keys which Sensei caught with great ease .

Hikigaya without letting anyone know , tried to sneakily left the room , not making any noises . But unfortunately for him , every single person in the room had a good sense of observation .

Yukinoshita watched Hikigaya's retreating back and frowned to herself .

" Such mannerless behaviour . Not even bothering to let his club members know of the fact that he is saving them from his mere presence . "

Hikaru's ears perked up at what Yukinoshita said as she started chuckling a little , causing the two students to look at her .

" What's so funny , mom ? "

Yukinoshita stared at her inquisitively . Kiyotaka's mother shrugged off while smiling at the black haired president of the Service Club , who immediately turned her head away as she saw the smile . Kiyotaka could see a little shade of pink in her cheeks .

" Nothing at all , Kiyotaka . I was just surprised to here what .... uh "

Yukinoshita immediately looked at his mother and bowed a little .

" Ah ... where are my manners ? My name is Yukino Yukinoshita . Nice to meet you . "

The red haired woman's eyes slightly widened in recognition when she heard her last name , before a smile crept up on her face .

" I am Hikaru Ayanokouji and this idiot son of mine is Kiyotaka Ayanokouji . I hope you guys get along well . "