Chapter 21 : "Siblings"

While returning home, Kiyotaka's stomach growled in hunger, causing him to let out a sigh.

'Mom said that she would return home pretty late, tonight...I can cook dinner, but after the whole fiasco in the Service Club, I'm pretty tired.'

While he was lost in his thoughts, Kiyotaka's eyes wandered towards a donut store on the side of the street.

'Hmmm, donuts huh? It reminds me of the time Akaza killed Rengoku in the Demon Slayer movie.  It was quite a replicable shape I must say.'

Kiyotaka walked into the store and was immediately met with the sweet aroma of many sweet flavours like chocolate and strawberry, fueling his hunger even more. He then went towards the cashier, who immediately let out a formal smile greeting the boy.

"Good evening sir. What would you like to order?"

Kiyotaka's eyes went towards the menu as he surveyed each of the options with mild curiosity.

'Hmm? The White Choco with Strawberry Eclair looks pretty nice, whereas the Peanut Butter Island is something that I can eat at any time….'

"I would like 2 pieces of White Choco donuts with Strawberry Eclair please."

"Take out or would you eat it here?"

"Here please."

'Should I take something for mom as well? Wait...how much money do I even have?'

Kiyotaka immediately took out his purse from his school bag and checked the amount of money in it before letting out a small sigh.

'Why do I have 20,000 Yen in my purse…..Dammit mom, what do you think I'll buy with this much cash? Drugs?'

"I would like 2 boxes of Choco Berry Bomb as well. Parcel please."

The cashier smiled at him before nodding to herself.

"Very well sir. It would be 750 Yen. Would you pay by cash or card?"

"Cash. Here you go, miss."

After he was done with the transaction, he took his food and went towards an empty seat waiting for his order, lost in his thoughts.

'What a shitshow it was last night….I still can't believe Mbappe cheated on Real Madrid like that, and then he had the audacity to say that "I would support them as a fan." It's like your crush saying, I like you, but only as a friend…. He truly is a madlad.'

Soon, he got distracted from his thoughts when he heard a pair of footsteps come towards him.

"Nee-chan, there's an empty seat there. Let's go!!! Let's go!!!"

A small childlike voice called out to her old sister, excitement lapping out of her words.

"Yes yes, Kei-chan. Calm down, will you? We are going there. "

Kiyotaka opened his eyes as he heard the voice of the older sister.

' That voice sounds a little familiar. Can't seem to properly point it out though...'

He then looked at the older sister who was wearing the school uniform of Sobu High, while her blue hair was in a ponytail.