Chapter 15 : "A Broken Mother"

(I wanted to kill myself after seeing this stupidity of a post. Figured why not let you guys suffer as well)

"Say Kiyotaka, how are you enjoying your school life?"

Hikaru Ayanokouji, at the moment, was lying on her couch freely, like a lazy queen, as she was surfing various channels of soap operas.

Her son, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji was working in the kitchen....giving his mother a treat, after a long day of hard work. He looked back for a second, giving her a short glance, before once again focusing on his work.

"It's going smoothly as of now.My club members are definitely a bit eccentric and have their own traits and all, but I'm not disliking it."

The redhead woman peeked at him from her couch and let out a small smile of relief.

"That's good. I'm sorry for not being able to spend too much time with you. We are working on a very important case, which will end by this week. "

"It's alright, don't worry.I understand why you are so tired.Mind sharing a little about the case?"

The woman acted as if she zipped both of her lips before chuckling to herself.

"Sorry...no can do. It's confidential."

"....I see.Well, here you go."

The brown haired boy carried both the plates towards the couch and placed it on the table. His mother closed the television and sat up while carefully scrutinising the meal her soon cooked.Her eyes gleamed a little as she patted her son on the shoulders.

"It looks great. I'm so proud of you."

Kiyotaka gave her a short nod before digging in.

"Thanks for the food/Thanks for the food"

Immediately, as Hikaru stuffed her mouth with the food, she squealed in delight, causing Kiyotaka to send an amused stare at her

Without wasting a second, the woman immediately started eating the meal with an incredible speed, not caring that her lips and tongue might burn because of the temperature.

"Eat slowly . It's still very hot... You are acting like you haven't had food in ages.."

Not listening to his advances, his mother started gulping down the food at an abnormal speed, ignoring the matter that she might burn her tongue. Within 20 seconds, the entire bowl got empty as the woman sighed in relief.

"That was good.Nice job Kiyotaka."

Hikaru Ayanokouji looked at her son who was looking at her with slightly widened eyes..

"You completed it so quickly..This must be a world record or something.. Didn't you have any food while you were at work?"

Hikaru slumped on her couch before turning on the Television. She lowered down the volume, but still kept it on, so that whatever show was on the TV at the moment, was still playing in the background.