Chapter 23 : "Rant by a Maid"

"Impossible. "

That was the first word that came out of the ice demoness mouth, which immediately caused the loner boy to slump in despair.

"Impossible huh? But...umm."

"No. Impossible means impossible. Am I not clear?"

One piercing gaze from Yukinoshita and Hikigaya slumped over his seat, while his brown haired classmate looked at the scene with an  incredibly smug aura, as he was one of the main cause of this sudden rise in temper of Yukinoshita.

"Next one Maid-shita."

"Tch. Please wait…..Master Ayanokouji."

With a small blush of embarrassment and an annoyed frown, Yukinoshita took out a cookie and fed it to the boy while Hikigaya watched the scene with widened eyes, not believing what they are seeing.

'Ayanokouji…..made the Ice Queen of Sobu...his maid? Holy Shit!!!'

The incredibly embarrassed blush in contrast to her ice cold glare created a very entertaining sigh, which caused Hikigaya to chuckle at her.

"Pfft-"

Not being able to handle the embarrassment anymore, small tears welled up in Yukinoshita's eyes, as she shifted her eyes towards the disgusting fish eyed loner trying to look at him angrily, causing him to laugh even more.

"Hahaha-oof."

His laughter stopped when the side of his head was immediately collided with one broken piece of Yukinoshita's cookies that the ultimate chad Ayanokouji Kiyotaka aimed at him.

Kiyotaka fixated him with a cold glare which immediately shut Hikigaya's laughter and Instinctively caused him to look down.

'Wait, why am I bowing to him, what the fuck Hachiman?'

"For your kind information, Yukino Maid-shita is my personal maid for a day. She is not a laughing stock. So mind your manners Hikigaya."

With a strict voice filled with authority, Kiyotaka admonished the boy, causing him to look away.

"....Fine."

Yukinoshita sent him a greatful gaze to which Kiyotaka simply opened his mouth, causing her to grumble to herself before feeding him another cookie.

"So, can I joi-"

"No means no, Hikigaya-kun.  Why don't you get that through that thick head of yours?"

"I mean, I can see where Totsuka was coming from when he asked me to join the tennis team-in short, I have to scare them into being more active. If a new person joins the club, won't that eventually change things?"

"Do you really think you can survive in a group setting like that? Do you think they would readily accept a creature like you?"

"uhhh"

Yukinoshita let out a condescending sigh, resembling that of a chuckle, while smirking at him.

"You really don't understand what it means to be in a group, do you? You're a master of solitude."

"You're the last person I want to hear that from."

"I admit that it's possible that they will band together if presented with a common enemy such as you... But they would only make the effort required to throw you out, which will not translate into any personal improvement. Therefore, that isn't a solution at all. I stand as evidence of that."

"1 see... Wait, you're evidence?"

As Yukinoshita was about to go into another rant, Kiyotaka looked up from him phone, seemingly interested in what she has to say.