Chapter 17 : "Resolve"

After the spectacle he created inside the classroom, Ayanokouji opened the door and left the place, which was deathly quiet after the interaction between the Fire Queen of Sobu and the new transfer student who had balls of steel.

As he entered the hallway, he noticed his two female clubmates standing there silently. Yuigahama had no expression on her face, while Yukinoshita looked really satisfied and pleased. As soon as their eyes met, she gave him a small nod of acknowledgement with a pretty smile on her face.

' Guess she heard my conversation with Miura… Well thank god that I diffused the situation. I wouldn't want to experience a quarrel between a snobby brat who only yells in gibberish and an antisocial awkward woman who thinks of herself as the princess of Frozen, trying to imitate an Ice Queen.'

Ayanokouji took slow steps towards his pink haired classmate and tapped her on the shoulder causing her to snap out of her thoughts.

"U-uh t-thank you Ayanon for helping me out with that matter."

"It's alright. I made her stop her rant. Now it's up to you to control the damage. Try to make her understand that you can't always hang out with her since you have your own life. From my eyes, I can feel that Miura is not as close minded as she seems to be. I think she will understand you."

'After our conversation, she has to understand. Otherwise her title as the Fire Queen would be replaced by the Spoilt Queen. '

"Ayanokouji-kun "

'Whoops that almost made me laugh….. If I could though. Keyword 'could'.' Maybe I should watch the rage compilation videos of Mark Goldbrige for a whole day. His streams are very entertaining to watch. A compilation is bound to make me laugh.'

"Ayanokouji-kun!!!!!"

Kiyotaka snapped out of his thoughts, when his black haired  friend thought that it would be a good idea to grab hold of his ear and directly yell at it.

"Ouch."

With a dead tone in his voice, the ex masterpiece of the White Room grabbed his ears in annoyance before looking back at the culprit who was standing with a smile on her face, as if she was very proud of her actions.

'New knowledge acquired. Yukinoshita Yukino can be very dangerous at times.'

"That was a very dangerous move right there,Yukinoshita. You nearly burst my eardrums."

"Well...it's your fault for standing idly in the middle of the corridor like that, not responding to me Dreamy Kouji-kun."

Yuigahama softly giggled at their actions before walking towards the door of the class, from where Hikigaya now walked out of the room. Seeing him, the pink haired girl slowly walked towards him and whispered something in his to which he scoffed at her.

" Thanks for standing up for me. "

With that she walked inside the class while the man in question walked towards the other two students of the Service Club.

"Good job back there Ayanokouji."

"You don't need to mention it. By the way, has the rain stopped now?"

Although his face was the same, the other two can clearly notice the smug undertone behind his voice. Hikigaya's eyes twitched as he stuffed both of his hands in his pockets.

"S-shut up. I was just surprised to see Miura's glare. Now that I experienced it, I'm adjusted to it now."

"Really? Well...At least you tried to stand up for Yuigahama..You have good intentions, now all we have to do is just fix up your act, isn't that right, Yukinoshita?"