Page 9

Without thinking I slowly propped myself up on my bed, lightly tracing the features of her face with my eyes which were now only inches from mine. How could I ever let her out of my sight?

I saw myself mirrored in her eyes, watching as each of our expressions changed in unison. She was incredible. She picked up on all the signs that I thought were subtle. Was she really that perceptive or was my guise waning? I could see the wrinkle appear between my brows through the reflection of her deep brown eyes. She looked at me, questions burning in her eyes.

I knew I would answer them all if she were to ask. I took in another deep breath while I let her perfume assault me. My good mood was vibrant now. The pain from not knowing today's outcome had subsided. I was radiant with glee. I chuckled and nodded at her question.

"Of course. Did you want to go to The Roasted Bean?"

She shrugged like there was nothing unusual about the whole situation.

"Of course," she murmured. She looked humble and my lips turned up; an automatic response to her beauty. All the amazing feelings shooting through my body were making me exceedingly intoxicated with bliss. At this moment I felt like I had everything I could ever want.