Did Billy Roland make the Team?

Billy Roland woke up to a bright morning and he had sausage, fried alligator, and a chicken sandwich for breakfast. He was about to take a shower when his phone rang. It was coach Traylor for the Trinity College Demons football team. How are you doing? said the coach. I'm doing fine replied Billy. I want you to report to the football field at 3 pm today. Why is that? said Billy. Well, today is the first official game of the football season and I want you to be our Quarterback replied Coach Traylor. Are you serious? replied Billy. Yes, you did really well the last game and you must play for us said Traylor. Oh yes thank you for this opportunity said Billy.

The day went as well as he thought. He practiced some football passes at the field. The Demons play at Darkness Field and it have a capacity for 1,000 people. Talks of expansion into the Division I was in the works depending on how well the Demons do this season. Billy realized it's a lot of pressure for him to do well, but he was ready to step up to the challenge.

His hands was folded as he ran through the tunnel with his team. Fireworks went off outside the stadium. It is about to be game time. Billy called tails midfield and it was tails. He chose for the Demons to receive first and it was important for him to have his team get a good start to the game. The first play, he threw the ball to Rain for 20 yards. The second play, the wind chill started to pick up and he handed the ball to his running back Garett Phillips and he ran for 10 yards. The 3rd play for the offense was critical. He stepped out of the pocket and threw it down the center of the field but his pass was incomplete. It was the first 2nd down situation in his career. His 4th pass was incomplete to Rain. Billy needed to do better. If he fails to help advance the ball, his team will punt the ball to the Northside College Eagles. So, he stepped out the pocket and threw the ball down the field to the left. Wide Reciver Thomas Hank caught the ball then ran it but he fell short of 1st down. The Demons punted to the Eagles.

The Eagles was a tough team that went 10-2 last season and won the college cup by defeating Ridgeway 27-0 in the final. Now, all their team is back for a double peat championship. Eddie Lockheart was their quarterback and his first pass of his 3rd season was a touchdown pass to Johnson Hawk. 7-0 Eagles on their first play and it was disheartening for the home team. Back on offense, the Demons need to respond or this game may be out of control fast. Billy Roland was about to rise to the challenge. Also in the stands was Steven and Ryan. Billy threw the ball to Rain and it was a touchdown pass. Wait a minute the announcer said, there is a review flag on the field. The cameras was reviewed to see if Rain stepped out of bounds short of the end zone and it was determined after 12 minutes that he did not and the touchdown stood. Kicker Raymond Jones made it a tied game.

Neither team scored after that. One of the best defensive plays was in the red zone when Eddie tried to throw a touchdown pass to wide receiver Jonathan Hawk, but it was intercepted by the tight end Lindsay Sparkle, the first female football player in division 3. The game remained tied within the last 2 minutes of the final quarter. After 3 straight incompletions, the Demons was at the field goal range for the win when Billy Roland found Rain for a 67 yard pass. Rather then try to end it with a field goal, Billy urged the team to go for a touchdown win. This shocked everyone who thought he is out of control, but they trusted him. Billy Roland stepped out the pocket and he appeared ready to throw the football but in a split second he ran down the field for a touchdown.

Unbelieveable said the announcer. The Demons from Trinity College has upset the defending champions the Northside College Eagles in their first game of the season. They will meet again for another division game later down the season, but this is crazy. Good Luck to the Demons this season.

To be Continued