Game 5- Midland (2-2)

The game against Midland College Knights was a 7:30 pm under the friday night lights. After a discouraging loss last game, Billy Roland wanted to make sure he wins this game with his team. He prepared at the gym, gaining some muscles. He prepared by eating in a way that is healthy and will not gain fat. He prepared by studying game tapes of his team and his opponent. Coming into this game, The Demons are 2-2 and the knights are 0-4. This game is a division game before a bye week.

Thanksgiving is around the corner so the team is preparing for the holiday by cooking recipes together to prepare for a banquet the week before. Then, it was game day on Week 5. It was another road game in Midland, Connecicuit.

Billy Roland with the snap, he passes it to his buddy Ryland, and he takes it on the run for a 12 yard gain before he is tackled by Griffin Jones. Billy Roland throws a pass downfield and its caught by Tyler for a 25 yard gain. The crowd is booing with displeasure. Once a great football program, the Knights had faltered in recent years going 3-9, 0-12, and 1-11 last season. Their best players have gone to the NFL and have excelled but the new players on the Knights have not done their best and it showed. Coached Arvin is also rumored to be on his way out if progress is not made.

Billy with the ball and he hands it to Ryland who is tackled for a loss for minus 5 yards. He ran the wrong route and that is costly. Billy takes the ball and he passes it to Rain but its dropped sailing right through his fingers. What a poor set of plays. Billy flings the ball to Tyler and he runs it for a gain of 12 yards for a critical 1st down. Billy has the ball on this cold night with wind. He taked it himself for a 3 yard run.

The Demons are focusing now. It could be a difference maker in this game. Billy throws the ball to the left sideline and its caught for a touchdown by Rain. Extra point is good. The Demons take a 7-0 lead and now their defense is on the field. Quarterback for the Knights, Wilson Billows is 18 years old and made the team via a walk on and performing well in a practice game and skill drill. He has not been consistent and his defense has let him down when he has been good.  In Week 1, his team lost 21-17 blowing a 10-0 lead in the 4th quarter. In Week 4, leading 21-7 in the 3rd quarter, the Cliff College Moths scored 21 unanswered points and the Knights lost 28-21. They have potential to be a great football program if they can solve their issues on the field. Wilson with the ball and he throws it to his wide receiver Langley Storm who is a junior on the team. Averaging 100 yards a game and 5 catches a game, he is a shining star on the team.

Wilson picks up the ball and throws it over the head of defender Ashton and its caught by Franklin Espaza for a 89 yard touchdown. What a key play. The 2 point conversion by the run by Pricket is good. 8-7 Knights and they may be on track for a win.

The Demons are back on the field. Billy with a deep pass to Rain, but its intercepted by Richard Pitts and returned to midfield. This is once again a misjudged play. It was wide open but Richard was at the left and he managed to scoop in and make the play. That is fine attention to detail right there. Wilson with a target pass to Franklin who drives it in for a touchdown. The Knights lead 16-7 after the extra point is good. What a battle in this game. It sure looks like the Knights are in control heading into halftime.

We lost our focus there said Coach Traylor. We still have time to come back but we need to fight and be on guard.

They been in this position before said Coach Arvin. They know being down is not out. We got to continue dominating this game. We gave up leads before, but we will be a different team today. Understand? Yes Coach the Knights said in unision.

The 3rd quarter finished with no score from either team. It was around 9 pm when the 4th quarter started. Wilson with the ball and he throws the ball and its caught by Langley for a touchdown. 23-7 lead for the Knights. Billy has the ball, and he gives it off to Ryland to run it and he gains 1 yard on the play. Should have ran to the left but he ran straight into 3 defenders on the fly. These small plays are a difference between winning and losing said announcer Spidey.

Billy has the ball and he throws it to Rain and he is stopped at the 45 yard line. Time is running out to make a comeback. Billy throws it to Tyler for a perfect catch. Field goal Demons. 23-10 the Knights lead. Onside kick time on the field, and you got to be thinking it could backfire or be a genius play. His kick is successful but the Knights recover the ball pouncing on it right away. They ice the game with a touchdown pass caught by Franklin and the Knights win 30-10 for their 1st win and its been due to come for a long time. Demons drop to 2-3 and you have to be worried if this is their season to lose. Both going into a break with a chance to think about how to improve their game.

Billy and the rest of the Demons hung their heads down and slopped their arms down in defeat into the locker room after shaking hands with the players of the Knights. Several players grabbed Billy and dragged him into the rest area and placed it on the couch as he was screaming, "Let me Go" and they refused. You are about to get a tradition of being tickled for losing.

To be Continued