Game 3- New Castle Scorpions (1-1)

Billy Roland was astonished at his performance last game and wanted to do better for this game at home. It was a non-conference game against a team from the Division III West conference. College Football is tricky and with the loss to the Bears, the Trinity College Demons is now ranked number 5 instead of number 2, which is a significant drop. Only the top team who wins their conference championship game from each of the 12 conferences make the playoffs and that will be a battle to the top.

Billy Roland attended his criminal justice class on the off day and he got a 98 on his criminal justice policy class and that was awesome to him. Then, Billy Roland decided to go to a campus event known as The Rush. All the organizations in the college put on this event. It is basically a food event. Various organizations sell their own food for $1 to be raised for charity. He was walking to the Alpha Omega booth when he collided with Steven by mistake. Billy said sorry. Steven said its okay. Hi, I'm Billy by the way. I'm Steven. Do you like football? said Billy. Yeah, it's my favorite game replied Steven. We have a home game at 5 pm tomorrow, and I would like for you to come said Billy. I'll be there said Steven. Billy Roland and Steven went to the booths together. From Alpha Omega, they had chili cheese dogs and it was very spicy. From The Christian Fellowship, they had the beef hamburger with onions, cheese, and pickles and it was delicious. From The Atheist Agenda, they had the fried egg. It was okay. From the LGBTQ, they had the chicken biscuit sandwich and it was excellent although there was too much batter. From the Chess Club, they had baked salmon. It was fine. It took them one hour to get through all 30 booths butvit was a lot of fun especially the Robotics Club's spicy pizza, and the Enginerring Club blue crab sandwich. Everything was in perfect taste and presentation.

It was now time to face the next game the next day so both of them went to sleep. Billy Roland had a stomach ache from all the food from last night, but he was committed to win the game. Attention students, welcome to the game between the Demons who are 1-1 and New Castle who are 2-0 from 2 different conferences. Let's have a fun football game and please no bad behavior from fans please.

The first play of the game, the Scorpions kick to the Demons to the 5 yard line. It will be hard to get a score now said Announcer Brightwall. The ball is snapped, Billy hands it to Garett and he is off to the 10, the 20, the 30, and he is tackled by Matt Broom but it's a first down. Billy throws the ball to Rain and its caught, he gets it to the 50 before he is tackled by Hunter. What a play. Just the start the Demons envisioned. Billy with the ball, he jukes to the left and runs it himself to the 46 yard line, what a quarterback sneak for the ages. This game is intense folks, and its only the beginning. Billy hands it to Garett but oh he is tackled for a loss, putting them back at the 49 yard line. The crowd is going crazy. Billy with the ball, he throws the ball down the field and Rain catches it and runs it in for a touchdown. [7-0 Demons]. What an impressive start for the Demons and its about to get much better.

The ball is punted to the 25 yard line. Geno Patrick is the QB for this Scorpions and his team fell backwards last season, stumbling to a 5-7 record after winning the conference tournament the year before at 10-2. So much pressure this year. Geno with the long pass to his wide receiver Molly Pikes and its caught, and it's in field goal range. Unbelieveable, 4th and 4 and the kicker Lionel is up to kick a field goal. It's through the uprights. It's 7-3 Demons going into the 2nd quarter.

The Demons have the ball at their own 11 yard line. Billy with the short pass, and it's caught by Rain and he rushes down the field and no one is going to stop him now as he makes it to the 45 yard line. The ball is snapped, Billy is hesistant and he is sacked for the 1st time this season and its a major disaster, but not over just yet. Incomplete pass, Rain drops it, and the crowd is silent. Another dropped pass and it's 3rd and 10. Billy throws to Rain and its caught but Rain fumbles and its recovered by the Scorpions who runs it for a touchdown and the extra point is good. 10-7 Scorpions.

4th quarter: 2 minutes left in the game. The Scorpions lead 10-7 but the Demons have the ball with a chance to force overtime or win it. At the 50 yard line. Billy throws it and it's a genius touchdown, and they are lined up to go for 2, so dangerous to do this now, but this coach have a lot of guts. Billy tosses it to Rain and its successful. The Demons lead 15- 10. Geno still have time to make a comeback. He throws it and it's intercepted and returned for a touchdown and that will do it. The Demons win 22-10 and give the Scorpions their first loss of the season, a minor upset and that is amazing. The team hoists up Billy Roland and swing him around several times, but bad news is around the corner. Garett is out for 3 games due to leg pain and now Ryland is up for them, but will this prove to be a disaster season or a miracle season?

To be Continued