Game 6- South College (2-3)

A week after receiving a tickling from his team, Billy was ready to refocus. He got new shoes, purchased a new book, and then worked out at the gym, and attended his classes. In his history class, he was presenting a paper on historical events in China and he did a good job on it. In his communication class, he lost a debate against Bradley over Technology, but he was sastified.

On a wet Saturday night in the summer, it was time for another game. South College is on the road against Trinity College. South College won the toss and chose to receive first. Playing in the rain can lead to crazy games. Phillip have the ball and he hands it to Marion and he manages to run it for 13 yards. The Demons call a timeout right after that play. Ya remember that stressful game last time we played them? said Traylor. Yes Coach! Well, today we play better. Get a stop.

Back on the field, the crowd of 1,000 was cheering on the Demons. Phillip hands the ball to Marion and he is chased back to the end zone and he is tackled there. 3 defenders made him lose his concentration and it cost the Lions in the end. (Demons lead 2-0). When the possession changes hands, it was time to make a change. Billy have the ball, he throws it down the left corner for a short pass to Rain and its caught for 9 yards and some more. The crowd is getting wilder and they are banging plastic bats.

Billy have the ball and he hands it to Ryland and he runs it for a few more yards. The ball is snapped but Billy fumbles the football, but he quickly scoops it up and runs it but he loses 5 yards on the play. Billy hands the ball to Garett next and its run for 23 yards. Each time Billy made a play, he is sweating crazily.

Next up, Billy turns out of the pocket and throws the ball to right sideline and throws it to Tyler and its caught for a touchdown and the extra point is good and the Demons now lead 9-0. The game is starting off well but its not over yet.

Phillip walks out to the field and throws the ball on an unique fake play in which he targets Harry but he switches gear and throws it to Eddie but its an incomplete pass. Next, Phillip hands the ball over to Temple and he runs it for 72 yards for a touchdown and Leroy was embarrased that he could not stop him. It was 9-7 Demons heading into halftime as neither team scored in the 2nd quarter.

We are leading but the Lions are coming in. We got to score in our first possession in the 2nd half said Traylor. We can do this said Garett as he draped his hand over Billy's right leg. Yes we can, and this season is not over said Billy. Let's do this.

The coach of the Lions said: "We have to be better. We are not going to stop until we win". Everyone nodded in unison.

The 3rd quarter was a disaster for the Demons. First of, Billy threw an interception on his 4th play and it was returned for a touchdown and the Lions led 14-9 in the game. After Phillip gets the ball back 4 possessions later, he throws a side pass to Harry and not a single defender could stop him on his way to scoring a touchdown and the Lions led 21-9 after that and the offense continued to pile up points in the 4th quarter, scoring 2 more touchdowns and the Lions led 35-9. First, it was a run play by Temple in the red zone. Second, it was a pass to Eddie in the mid field to the endzone.

Billy rallied his team. He threw a touchdown pass to Tyler to make it 35-16. A field goal by Shay made it 35-19. Another touchdown pass from Billy to Rain made the score 35-26 but the Demons lost and fell to 2-4 for the season. It seemed like they were heading to another losing season.  After the game, the team blindsided Billy and locked him out the locker room for 10 minutes before they tackled him and tickled his feet for 10 minutes and Billy giggled but he knew it was a let down they lost.

To be Continued