Game 7- Midland (2-4)

This is the last game of the season at home against Midland. Wilson wins the coin toss. Heavy snow is hitting the stadium today. If Midland wins, they will go into the offseason with confidence. If Trinity college wins, they hit the playoffs despite a 3-4 record, due to winning the tiebreaker with the Crosspoint Bears. So much is at stake in this non typical day.

It is 7:45 pm. The crowd is packed to watch the game. Wilson hands the ball off to Pricket and he runs it for a 1st down and a 30 yard game. Wilson throws the ball down the corner left and its caught by Levi for a 10 yard gain and a critical 1st down. Wilson is getting excited for this game and the crowd is not letting him enjoy it too much as they are putting both of their hands up and directing at him and chanting, This is Demons house not Knights house out of fun and not out of spite. Their chant quieted down when its was apparent that Wilson completed a pass to Franklin for a 7-0 Knights lead.

It was now Billy's turn to attempt to get a score for the Demons. He throws the ball down the field, after stepping out of the pocket and avoiding the tackle and its incomplete. The crowd is displeased by this lack luster play. Billy is about to snap the ball when he notices his girlfriend in the stands and he waves at her and he drops the football. Its a chaotic fumble and the distraction did not cost the Demons this time but it was that close to being a turnover. The very next play, Billy throw is incomplete to Tyler. At 3rd down and 10, this is their last chance to move the chain or they would likely have to punt the football. He hands the ball off to Garett but its no gain and the frustrated Demons punt the ball away, but wait its a trick play, and they get the ball to Rain for a touchdown. It's 7-7 after the extra point is good. The crowd is going wild and filling with joy. What an incredible trick play, the first one this season and it makes school history as their first ever successful one in Demons history. It will be one that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

The excitement was short lived because now they had to go on defense. Wilson hands the ball to Sammie and she runs it for 17 yards. A sack later makes it 2nd and 16. Wilson recovers from that and throws a bullet pass to Levi for a long touchdown, but the kicker misses the extra point in a surprise miss and instead of a 14-7 lead, it's only a 13-7 lead. The 2nd quarter ends with a field goal for the Knights and its 16-7. Trey Wilcox is doing wonders for this program.

The 3rd quarter begins and its a stalemate as the Demons cannot get anything going because Rain and Tyler collided with each other and botched a catch that would have been at least a 55 yard gain and the ball is punted back to the Knights. Wilson leads an emphatic drive down the field by a pass to Levi, a handoff run to Pricket, and a touchdown run from Sammie and its now 23-7 after the extra point is good. This is not how the Demons envisioned this game would go.

The 4th quarter was a meltdown. Sammie caught a touchdown pass by Wilson and the score increased to 30-7. Another misjudged pass from Billy to Rain leads to an interception return to field goal range but a stop leads to Knights leading 33-7 and the Demons will lose the game and miss the playoffs. They are not happy with their performance and Billy brought the blame on himself and he left before the media interview. This was not the semester he wanted.

At the NFL draft, senior Rain was picked by the Pittsburgh Steelers and senior Garett was picked by the Green Bay Packers. New freshman wide receiver Gerald and halfback Ingrid will fill the void but there was something missing.

Are you still ticklish, Billy?

To be concluded