Chapter TWO

[TWO]

Elena Shaws (POV)

Digging through the file box on my desk I groan not finding the latest case report on my client, so I call out, "Kelly come in here, were is the latest case report I asked for?!" groaning I look over my desk as she comes in before looking up arching my left brow. She chuckles saying, "Boss its right here." she walks over and picks up the red file right on top of the others and I groan again rubbing my face grumbling, "I need to get out of here!" she chuckles again saying, "Boss the case is fully ingrained in your head just call it a night ok, court is not until next Tuesday anyway. Your also all caught up on every other case this week." Rubbing my neck, I look up at her and set down in my chair nodding saying, "True but I still fill like I am behind its like one week is clear then the next is over flowing into the next you know." Nodding she smiles cleaning my desk up saying, "I know but hey you're the main boss you really dont have to stress yourself out with all the work besides you have how many lawyers and employees under you?" laughing I nod saying, "I know but I am still in charge you know, you also know why I am working myself like this." she smiles sadly nodding saying, "I know you miss her, but you cant keep this up it has been a year and a half boss besides you need to get out and find someone yeah. I know you loved her, but things happen."

Sniffling I wipe my eyes and she rounds my desk and hugs me I tense up at first, but she rubs my back and I let go laying my head on her shoulder hugging her back. Sniffling I sigh and hear her saying, "You may be my boss but your also my best friend and I hate seeing you like this love really I do. You need to take some time off yeah leave everything to Marcus and me so you can clear your head and heart." Gripping her shirt, I nod into her neck saying, "I know but I hate this so much why, why her huh?!" she she holds me closer, and I just cry harder hating these feelings. July before last my little and partner Jenny was killed on her way to see her parents. She had been needing to let them know of our life style and was afraid but said she wanted to be big and tell them on her own, so she took a flight out to New York but half way there. There was and awful storm and the plane was struck by lightning it was a tragic accident, yet I felt like she was targeted and taken away from me. After her funeral I closed myself off to everyone and have been focusing all my attention, mind, and heart on my work. I started my law firm just after graduating from Harvard and MIT with a law degree and two masters in science and history.

I have felt nothing but pain and grief since I lost her and not even her parents new she was more to me than just the love of my life. she was my baby, and she was ripped away from me way to soon. Sniffling I set back, and Kelly wipes my face saying, "You look awful!" causing me to laugh and smack her arm lightly saying, "Jerk, I feel awful." She smiles and kisses my head saying, "I will clean up here and then how about we go get some Thai food and get a nice buzz with one of your really old bottles of red merlot." Laughing again I smile nodding saying, "Of course you just want to raid my wine cellar." Smiling she nods and I set back closing my eyes as she says, "Always love." Nodding I take another breath saying, "Of course." opening my eyes again I smile asking, "How is Cody and your parents been this week?" she smiles finishing putting files in the box that I will have to take home saying, "Great though Cody keeps..." she looks away and I smile sadly reaching over patting her hand saying, "It's ok love I want to hear yeah." She nods and finishes cleaning my desk saying, "He keep's distancing himself from me, yet he want's us to try getting pregnant again but I just, I don't think I can go through that again you know."

Nodding I stand up straightening my clothes and cleaning my face looking in my tiny hand-held mirror before asking, "Have you talked to him about it or about adoption again or finding yourselves a little?" looking at her I gather my things and the box as we walk out, and she locks my office for me. Sighing saying, "Yes but he is still not there yet, and I know he want's our own flesh and blood children, but I just can't." grabbing her hand I pull her into my side kissing her cheek saying, "Set him down again later and explain and if he keep's it up well I would ask for a small break to think. I know you two love each other but it's not right of him to keep treating you this way. Or trying to force you into something I feel will hurt you all over again." nodding she sniffles so I smile lightly saying, "We are just two big cry baby's today aren't we dear."