Chapter TWENTY

[TWENTY]

(Time Skip Saturday Morning)

Kelly Willow's (POV)

(Nightmare)

Running my lungs are tightening and I can't breathe all I can hear is deep breathing and hysterical laughter. The darkness has surrounded me and the tree branches and path before me are cutting into my arms, sides, and legs, trying to get farther away from that which is chasing me I cry not knowing what is happening when I fall and hear the laughing closer. Turning over onto my back shaking a flash of red cloaks my vision and I see Cody's bloody dead body above me and I scream!

(End Nightmare)

Screaming I set up right holding my chest and crying feeling my whole body aching I curl in on myself holding my knees when I see my door open and a silhouette figure before me causing me to scream again and fall back against the headboard crying holding myself in a ball!

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Shooting bolt upright in bed I take a few deep breaths when I hear another scream, blinking the sleep from my eyes I look at a still sleeping Esme and sigh before quickly making my way to Kelly's room. shaking at hearing her scream and now cry behind the door I quickly open it, yet she screams again and curls in on herself breaking my heart at the state she is in. raising my hands I take a breath calmly saying, "Kelly baby it's Len sweetheart your safe yeah, it was just a nightmare!" she blinks, and I can't help grit my teeth hating seeing her in this state she has not been scared let alone had nightmares since we were young.

She sniffles watching me, so I slowly start walking towards her saying, "That's right baby it's just me hmm." She sniffles nodding so I slowly yet quickly get to her and crawl on the bed the moment I settle against the headboard I pull her into my lap cradling her against me. Feeling her body shaking and the sweat through her clothes I want to cry but hold myself back rocking her as I kiss her head. I just keep rocking her and start humming one of my favorite songs Symphony by Clean Bandit to calm her and myself. Looking down I see she's hiding her face in my chest, so I keep humming and kiss her head.

Kelly Willow's (POV)

Taking deep breath's listening to Len humming I sigh gripping her shirt as she rubs my back and is still rocking me, I don't know what that was, but it was horrible and seeing Cody like that OH, goddess! Sniffling I snuggle more into her as I feel her move and then there are blankets around us making me sigh more I yawn and hear her saying, "I got you baby go a head and sleep some more it's still early." Sniffling I nod and let my body go limp just breathing in her scent and absorbing her warmth knowing I am safe.

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Sighing I kiss her head again before wrapping the throw blanket more around her feeling her fall completely asleep, I pick her up and make my way back to Esme and I's room not wanting to leave her or Kelly alone. Getting their I settle Kelly on the bed before checking Esme and I kiss her head before changing her wet diaper knowing she hates being wet when she wakes. Once done I lift Kelly back into my arms before settling us back against the headboard knowing I won't go back to sleep knowing she could have another nightmare. Looking at the clock on the nightstand it is just after four in the morning, so I yawn relax running my fingers through her hair. Wondering what the nightmare was about but knowing it had something to do with Cody. Gritting my teeth, I just can't stand how much pain my best friend has been in just from the last week, reaching for my phone I dial Mitch and wait as the phone rings knowing he is usually up this early.

Hearing the phone pickup, I sigh out, "Hi buddy hate bugging you so early, but have you gotten anything to report on Braxton?" I can't say his name not wanting the bitter taste in my mouth even for the dead that would be painful for my heart. Hearing typing and breathing I wait when he sighs and I hear something squeak as he says, "No problem love I haven't been able to sleep much since the whole murder you know." Nodding I sigh out, "Yes understandable especially since you're the one who tipped off the FBI, they didn't trace you did they?" he chuckles and I smile as he says, "Paaw-lease baby never anyway, why are you up I know you can pretty much sleep through anything?" smiling I chuckle before saying, "I was woken by Kelly love she had a nightmare I don't know what of, but I can guess." I hear him gasp before hearing him sigh saying, "Our girl, is she ok now?"