Chapter SIX

[SIX]

Kelly Willow's (POV)

Hearing my phone ringing I sigh seeing its Elena, smiling I hit answer saying, "Hey hun how's your day going so far with the little girl we found?" waiting I hear sniffles and frown before hearing her saying, "All is well I'll explain later I was just calling back since I saw a missed call from you." Nodding I finish up an email sending it saying, "Just wanted to check in I should be over by three-thirty since everything is pretty much done for the day. Do you know what you want for dinner?" waiting I clean up my desk and grab my files along with my laptop putting them in my case as she says, "How about something light like soup and bread sticks?" smiling I nod saying, "Sounds good love I'll stop at Romano's and get their soup of the day and I'll be over soon yeah." Waiting I hear her take a breath before she says, "Sounds good see you soon." We say our goodbyes and I sigh locking up my office as I leave I see Bridget my assistant and smile at her saying, "Be a dear and lock up and I wont be in until the afternoon tomorrow so you can sleep in." laughing she starts packing up and salutes me saying, "Course boss oh and say hi to our main boss lady yeah." Smiling I nod getting into the elevator as I am headed to the parking area I can't help but worry for Elena I know I told her to take a break and get out there, but the child may cause her to break or fall back again. sighing I get in my car and make my way to Romano's hoping what she tells me will make me see she will be ok.

Elena Shaw's (POV)

After ending our call, I relax back into the couch reaching for the remote I turn the volume up a little as I cradle Esme closer. She must be so exhausted if she is sleeping this much that and probably overwhelmed with all that has happened in the last twelve hours or so. Moving some little baby curls out of her face I smile seeing her lips suckling again it's so cute. I am still in awe that she has survived this long being on her own. she is so tiny and from what I saw I see more bone then I should on such a small frame.

She needs to get her nutrition back so once she has been living with me awhile I will have to get her to see a doctor. Of which I know she wont like especially if I'm correct in her being a little, I also know once I speak with Kelly about Esme she is going to give me that look. I know it has only been a year and some months since I lost Jenny but the moment I saw this little one curled up in a ball, in that tiny opening of the jungle gym I knew I wanted to keep her with me and care for her as my own. Even with chancing she was just a tiny child that would age and go off to college, but now knowing she is eighteen trapped in a childs body I still want to care for her if she will let me.

Hearing my front door open and close I look towards it and put my fingers to my lips, so Kelly doesnt make a sound, she freezes and smiles nodding before raising the food up and heads into the kitchen. Rolling my eyes I relax again waiting for her to come back and set down, once she does she smiles at me lightly asking, "How is she doing?" smiling lightly I sigh saying, "She is ok she didn't talk much at first but once I got her to and into a bath she started opening up more." nodding she lays against the couch with her head on her hand saying, "That's good to hear and you, how are you doing?" nibbling my lip I look away before looking back at her saying, "Kelly she's not a child." she blinks scrunching up her face in confusion and looks at Esme in my arms before rolling her eyes saying, "Ok so you have gone mad then." Sighing I shake my head saying, "Kelly she is eighteen-years-old her name is Esme Knight, and she has been homeless for two years now." at this she sets up in shock saying, "You're not just making this up to keep her are you Elena I know you have been in pain but that would be messed up even for you."

Feeling as though she slapped me in the face I feel a tear fall down my cheek shaking my head holding Esme closer saying, "No Kelly I'm not making this up she told me who she is, she has that rare genetic disorder that causes her not to age." Sniffling I look away from her upset that she would say that to me, feeling a hand on my cheek I cry more. until she sighs saying, "I'm sorry love I, I just know you have been in so much pain since Jenny that I thought..." looking back at her quickly I shake my head and wipe my tears saying, "I would never even if I was desperate and in need of comfort Kelly you know me better than that." nodding she smiles sadly saying, "I know love I just, seeing you with her reminds me of how you were with Jenny even after a short time you know." Nodding I sniffle looking back down at a still sleeping Esme saying, "I haven't gotten her to tell me why she has been living on the streets, but I know she doesn't get food and nutrition like she should. What I saw when helping her wash her hair earlier she is so malnourished and tiny even for not aging. I also don't know how old her body is she looks two to three but could be four or five."