Chapter THREE

[THREE]

Elena Shaw's (POV)

After finishing our dinner at Josephs restaurant, we decided to walk for a bit and go to the small park just a few blocks away. Also, the same one across from the Thai food place we ate at yesterday, getting there Kelly laughs saying, "And then Bridget about exploded on the guy because he kept falling every time he tried to get to her to get his phone back. I mean seriously they act like they are still in highschool." Smiling I role my eyes asking, "Did they at least get their work done today?" she smiles bumping my arm as we get to the swings saying, "Well duh silly I would not let us slack even when playing around, but still its Douglas fault for taking that video of her singing karaoke the other night."

Nodding I snort and smile saying, "Those two could liven any place up weather drunk or not. So, umm was Cody home last night so you could talk?" she groans swinging before stopping saying, "He didn't get in until after midnight, so I just pretended to sleep and went back to bed." Nodding I sigh shaking my head saying, "I'm sorry love." Nodding she smiles and shrugs saying, "I Just wish he saw things through my eyes you know." Nodding I look up at the sky even in the city we can see the stars just not as bright as in the country were the lights are less so.

The weather is finally warming up it is supposed to be in the seventies to eighties by the end of the week and I cant wait for some warm weather. Dont get me wrong I love the winter weather, but spring and summer are my favorites, but I also like fall but just before it gets to cold. Zoning off into my thoughts I jump when I hear Kelly asking, "You ok love?" smiling I look back at her laying my head on my hand that is one the chain of the swing saying, "Yeah just cant wait for spring and summer to get here."

She chuckles nodding and winks saying, "Oh yes bikini time oh and sundresses!" laughing I role my eyes saying, "You are so silly!" smiling she shrugs saying, "Yeah and you love me anyway yeah." Nodding I smile looking at my watch I see its almost eight-thirty so I sigh saying, "We should get going dear even if the weather is warming up it still gets really cold at night." nodding she smiles before freezing asking, "Hey earlier did you get the feeling we were being watched and followed?" pursing my lips I shrug saying, "Not really but then again my mind is so focused on work and other things I dont really pay that close to my surroundings though I should." Laughing she nods sighing saying, "True, so have you thought more about what I said?"

Rubbing my neck, I sigh saying, "Yeah I think I will take some time, but I dont know how much, but..." she smiles nodding saying, "Oh that is good to hear love and you dont worry we will take care of everything unless we land a real big fishy and we will call you in." laughing I smile nodding as we stand I stretch and she does the same saying, "Who knows this break may bring a lot of new things into your life yeah." Shrugging we make our way towards the exit of the park when she stops and frowns looking around, doing the same I look at her asking, "What's wrong?"

Kelly Willow's (POV) (New)

Listening again I hear the same whimper again and scrunch my face up adjusting my purse saying, "I thought I was hearing things but now I am sure I heard a whimper, it sounds like a puppy or a child maybe." Looking at my best friend she looks worried but laughs saying, "You are losing it dear." Smiling I role my eyes saying, "Just listen yeah." Shrugging she relaxes and closes her eyes, so I look around and wait until there, we both hear a whimper but more clear now. shocked she opens her eyes whispering, "What is that?" shrugging I put my finger to my lips and wave my hand around in a motion for us to look. Nodding she grabs my hand, and we look around as we hear the whimper again we get closer and stop by the climbing jungle gym. As we wait we hear the whimper again and Elena squeezes my arm whispering, "What do you think it is?" shrugging we here it again and I look towards the slide pointing.