Chapter EIGHT

[EIGHT]

Esme Knight's (POV)

We have been waiting for Kelly to arrive and Elena seems worried, so I keep playing with her hair letting her hold me as tight as she wants. We been watching cartoons and talking but I know she is not focused, hearing the front door open and close. I feel Elena tense up, so I pat her shoulder and she looks down smiling at me saying, "I'm ok honey yeah." Nodding we see Kelly walk in and she does not look good, so I look at Elena whispering, "I'll let you two talk yeah." She frowns but nods kissing my head saying, "Just keep watching cartoons love we will be up in my room ok." Nodding I climb over and lay on the couch, and she covers me up kissing my head yawning I decide I want a nap so after watching them go upstairs I snuggle more into the couch and covers letting myself fall asleep hoping Kelly is ok.

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Getting into my room I turn and set on the bed looking at my best friend and quite honestly she looks like shit, frowning I pat the bed and she sets next to me sniffling and wiping her face. Turning sideways I wait until she starts talking I haven't seen her like this since she and Cody lost the baby, and it breaks my heart seeing her hurting. She stands up and starts pacing saying, "Cody and I are getting a divorce." Shocked I grip the bed comforter as she makes another round hitting her thighs saying, "The bastard has been cheating on me Len seriously the asshole this whole time and I didn't even notice, I'm an idiot!" she growls turning and pacing again whimpering out, "It started before we lost the baby!" she has tears falling down her face now and I feel my own as she hits her thighs again shaking her head.

Waiting she stops still looking away crying out, "WHY?!" at this point I want to throttle Cody for hurting my best friend like I said before I never liked the bastard but she loved him so I couldn't say anything. Wiping my tears away I stand up and go over to her, as I get in front of her I pull her into my arms. She struggles at first always being so strong and avoiding comfort but then she stops and cry's into my shoulder.

Rubbing her back I hold her tighter feeling her shaking and I just let her cry it out all while wanting to go punch the bastard in the face. Keeping my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself I just hold her before picking her up carrying her to the bed, she may be my height, but she still weighs less which I always whine to her about. Setting down I cradle her like I used to do with Jenny and lately with Esme, as she grips my shirt I just wait until she want to talk more.

Kelly Willow's (POV)

Getting myself together I snuggle more into Elena sighing laying my head on her chest so I can listen to her heart beat to calm myself more. sniffling I feel and hear her breathing as I say, "I should have seen it coming really I should have, I didn't tell you, but he has been distancing himself even before, but I never thought he would cheat." Laughing I wipe my eyes growling out, "His fucking secretary Len his fucking secretary, it's so clichéd right! Fucking hilarious and to top it off he told me I wasn't showing or giving him my love. The bastard really said that I loved him since I laid eyes on him even after getting to know him and his quirks and obsessions. And he just through it all away for some skank and you know what hurts worse he didn't even bring up our baby Len. He just right out dodged the topic like he never cared in the first place, like the pain I was going through was one sided!" shaking my head I feel her hug me closer and I just let her needing to be grounded and held.

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Feeling her relax I keep rubbing her back as she finally looks at me her face is red, and tears streaked, and I hate seeing her like this. she sniffles whimpering saying, "I set everything in motion for the divorce and Gabriel said the lock smith will be out changing all my locks, they should be done by this evening." Nodding I smile lightly saying, "I'm so sorry honey." Sniffling she wipes her face again before setting up, so I loosen my hold on her and she shakes her head asking, "Why didn't I see this coming Len?" she looks at me with so much hurt in her eyes and I just shake my head saying, "I don't know honey but I'm here for you yeah." Nodding she smiles lightly saying, "I need a drink, I dipped into my bourbon last night, but I need another."