Chapter SIXTEEN

[SIXTEEN]

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Holding and rocking Esme gently I can't control my own laughter now and I watch her ear and side of her face turn red, so I sigh. Kissing her head, I smile saying, "It's ok baby I get it hmm you were lonely and living on the streets I would find some kinds of distractions as well yeah, yet I don't think I could live like you did I'm not that strong." She peeks up at me shaking her head saying, "You a-are v-very strong and, and caring." Smiling I kiss her head nodding saying, "Well thank you baby and I am really glad you came clean so to speak." She giggles and I hear gasping still, so I look at Kelly saying, "Oh hush you, you look ready to pass out!" she takes deep breaths squeaking out, "That is freaking amazing Len serious what are the odds huh she has been intrigued by you for so long and then we find her in her hiding spot and basically kidnap her."

Shaking my head, I look back at Esme and she is giggling slightly mumbling out, "She silly!" Smiling I kiss her head nodding saying, "Yes dear but more like wacky!" She giggles more and I spot her eyes dilate knowing she is slipping which makes me happy seeing she is relaxing again and hopefully she will sleep some more she needs it. booping her nose I sigh asking, "What else did big and little you like about me?" she blushes and squeaks hiding again, and I chuckle so does Kelly sputtering out, "Oh I can list a lot of things!" groaning I look at her saying, "My goddess what has gotten into you?!" she snorts and shrugs saying, "This is freaking amazing I just can't help myself and to top it off its adorable I'm just feeling so emotional right now!" laughing I shake my head saying, "Why don't you go get us food and get some warm milk in Esme's bottle huh." She giggles but nods and salutes me saying, "Yes mam!" rolling my eyes I look back at Esme asking, "You want a yummy bottle baby girl?"

She blinks but nods so I pat her bottom saying, "It will be here soon hmm can my baby tell me how she is feeling?" she blinks pursing her lips and snuggles more into me mumbling, "O-Okies j-just seepy." Nodding I kiss her head saying, "Ok baby once I get your bottle and feed you, you can sleep hmm and then we will head home." She smiles rubbing her face on my chest and I spot her slip again so I just rock her lightly making sure I am still careful with her wrist and IV line. Logan said she will send us home with a arm and waist strap to help keep Esme from hurting herself when little. Which I am happy for especially since Kelly and I decided on heading to Hawaii Thursday morning I haven't asked or told Esme, but I know she will like it.

Looking up I spot Kelly coming in with our food and I smile waving saying, "Bottle dear." She chuckles and hands me Esme's bottle smiling I look down at her and she blinks so I gently rub the nipple on her lips, and she turns and starts to suckle. Sighing I kiss her head saying, "There baby girl lets get that tummy filled." Looking up at Kelly I smile asking, "What you get us?" she smiles saying, "Oh I figured since we had steaks yesterday I would get us some Indian food does gyro's sound good?" nodding I smile asking, "Did you get us fries too?" chuckling she nods saying, "Always, once you can lay her down it will be waiting for you." Nodding I look back down at Esme who's eyes are drooping I just kiss her head rocking her as she finishes her bottle even almost fully asleep. Once she is done and fully passed out I smile loving how peaceful she looks when sleeping. Though I have noticed when she is big she has nightmares once in a while which I hate but I can't do nothing but hold her or caress her cheek to calm her.

Getting her laid back in the hospital bed I kiss her head whispering, "Sleep well baby we will be home soon." Tucking her in and laying the extra pillows I had brought to us earlier, I lay them around her and lay one under her left arm and wrist. Done I go back over to the small table in the room by Kelly asking, "Are your emotions in control now dear?"

Kelly Willow's (POV)

Giggling I take a bite of my gyro then some fries before saying, "Yes love I just sort of freaked out when she started talking about her watching you." She arches her brows taking a bite of her food before saying, "Hmm well be glad you didn't upset her she was already super nervous and scared Kell I felt her shaking." Sighing I rub my neck nodding saying, "Sorry hon I just couldn't contain myself, but it was also super cute her telling you about it." nodding she blushes taking a drink saying, "Yes she was, and I was still so in shock I just had to laugh as well but I get it she needed something to distract herself and hey I am happy to be that distraction." Chuckling I arch my brows and smirk taking another bite of my food as she blushes more and I giggle bumping her shoulder saying, "Awe your smitten more now!" she gasps out what are you talking about I just wink and eat my food ignoring her death stares and confused looks as she eats as well. Just enjoying the comfortable silence as I peek at Esme sleeping here and there. She has been so strong today and I can't help but feel just as worried as Elena is seeing such a tiny baby in pain. taking a drink of my soda I hear Elena asking, "So you call your parents yet?" choking I cough and take another drink before looking at her saying, "Nope." She roles her eyes smiling lightly asking, "Why are you avoiding calling them or talking with them?"