Chapter ELEVEN

[ELEVEN]

Kelly Willow's (POV)

The moment Mitch picks up I sigh but start my pacing I never can stay still when on the phone I don't know why but here I am. Looking at Elena I smile she is already zoned out looking at the little items she does this every time and I have to make sure she doesn't overdo it. hearing breathing on the phone I role my eyes asking, "Mitch my friend have you gotten both complete records on Esme Knight and Cody Braxton? I hate to bug you after one day, but Elena is needing Esme's complete medical history for a doctor's appointment this afternoon." Waiting I hear typing and him groan along with someone yelling in the back ground and I chuckle knowing it's his wife Amanda yelling at their kids or dog one of the two. Making another around of my pacing I look over Elena's shoulder seeing her cart has ten items already and I smile. Definitely going to be a lot of little clothes but I also know she may want to clear Jenny's old nursery but only if she is ready for that. she still hasn't stepped in their since the day of the funeral. Nibbling my lip, I hear Mitch finally speak saying, "Ok, usually you know it takes a week or so, but I did have a lot of time yesterday without you know who chewing my ear off, so I got pretty much everything on both of them. I just emailed the full record to Elena's email also you're not going to like this, but I found some very sketchy stuff when I was digging through Cody's financials, work and a few other personal records."

Gritting my teeth, I lay my head back and groan before lowly growling out, "What has that asshat been up to, is it anything that will bite me in the ass?!" waiting I keep pacing and catch Elena look at me, so I shake my head and she nods going back to her shopping. Walking into the kitchen I go directly to the liquor cabinet by the pantry and get me a bottle of bourbon and two glasses. Pouring I set the bottle back and carry the drinks back setting them on the coffee table. Elena arches her brows as Mitch is still typing and I just shrug.

Before pacing once again right as he sighs saying, "No thank goddess hun but still he is going to be in a lot of trouble with the law and a few people including you, I hate to say this, and Elena is going to want to kill him, but he has filtered quite a little nest egg through his firm and you to her law firm." Gasping I stop pacing and the next thing I know is my hand is hurting and there is a whole in Elena's wall by the front walk in. ignoring the pain, blood, and freaking mess I just made I growl out, "Can you and your friends get it back?!"

Waiting I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I look up sniffling knowing I am crying as Elena is standing in front of me with a worried and concern look on her face. Not looking at my hand I whisper, "I, just give me a bit." She nods but whispers, "We need to get your hand sorted dear I think you broke it." sniffling I nod as Mitch comes back saying, "I'll have us working around the clock until its sorted hun promise and I will throw in some damage along the way before alerting the FBI yeah." Sniffling I nod and whimper out, "Thanks buddy I'll owe you one." We say our good byes and I put my phone in my pocket letting myself fully cry as Elena pulls me into arms hugging me but careful not to move my arm. I want to scream he crossed the line with messing with my best friend and the gall of him to mess with our money the slime ball.

Elena Shaw's (POV)

Rubbing her back I rock her slightly before kissing her cheek and stepping back saying, "Come on honey set down for me I'm going to grab a towel to wrap around your hand then we need to go to the ER." Crying more at that she sets down covering her face with her good hand and I rush to get the towel, once her hand is wrapped I grab a diaper bag out of my coat closet and feel it with supplies for Esme before bundling her up in the blanket and picking her up. going back to Kelly I want to cry myself but need to hold it together, so I take a breath saying, "Ok, baby come one lets go get your hand fixed hmm."

She sniffles and nods standing up holding her wrapped hand and wrist against her chest, grabbing my keys we get into the garage, and I lock the door before getting us into my SUV since it has Jenny's old car seat. Just seeing it makes me whimper but I get Esme buckled in and help Kelly get in and buckled as well before getting us on our way. By the time we are setting in the ER it's almost noon and I am starting to get pissed off at the wait, so I send a quick text to Dr. Bridges and sigh when she says she is on her way. She has been my doctor since college and has become a friend and even more so when I need medical things taken care of. The wait of an hour now is over seeing her walk through the ER doors into the patent waiting room, she frowns, and I stand up cradling Esme she hugs me and steps back asking, "What is wrong I'm supposed to see you at two?" I smile sadly and look at a still silently crying Kelly and she follows my lead gasping out, "Kelly dear what happened?"