Chapter Seven

Izar and Han watched as Calida let an Asian man into the house. He was tall, with short curly hair, thick brows, and a friendly smile. At least he was grumpy like Calida.

"Izar, Han, this is James, an old partner of mine. He'll be going undercover with Han to China. You could start planning a backup story now."

Without another word, Calida left all three of them in the sitting room. They all watched her walk into her room. Izar rolled her eyes as if to say good riddance.

"Izar, Han, it's a pleasure meeting you both. I'm sorry about all of this happening on short notice. But when Ms. Arell calls, you come running," James said, rubbing his hands together.

He had on jeans, a button-up shirt tucked into the jeans, and a jacket over the shirt. Izar eyed him suspiciously. He had a gun with him.

"It's fine. It doesn't matter if I get to be safe. But why do we need to do this? I could go away for a long time. That seems easier," Han said, pulling the bracelet on her wrist.

"If I go with you, I'll be acting as your security personnel. Isn't that cool? Asides from that, you'll be even harder to find. So, an escaping partner could be useful. We need to come up with a compelling back story," James said.

When Han turned to look at Izar, she was gone. She turned back to James and sighed heavily.

"Okay."

°°

"Why are you making her do this?" Izar asked as she barged into Calida's room.

Calida turned to her, a deep frown on her face, "I understand you were not taught to be polite, but I expect you to act your age. You're no longer a teenager, Ms. Sterling."

Izar walked closer to her and began to poke her index finger on her chest.

"Look. Here. You. Do. Not. Get. To. Decide. For. Me. Or. My. Friends. I'll..."

Calida suddenly grabbed her hand. Izar was childish. It was apparent enough. Izar tried to free her hand, but Calida held on tightly. She got up from the bed, standing at her full height, then she turned until Izar was now standing in front of her bed.

Izar yelled, "let me go!"

Calida did, causing Izar to fall back on the bed due to the amount of force she had pulled herself free.

"It seems I have to teach you a lesson, Ms. Sterling. A lesson that'll make you never walk into a person's room without knocking."

Calida walked to her door, locked it, and removed the key. She shoved the key into the back pocket of her pants. Calida had taken off her jacket hours ago, leaving just her turtle neck that made the contours of her lean muscular form visible.

Izar's eyes went wide as Calida gripped the sweater and began to pull it over her head. She had on a sports bra, but it left little for Izar's imagination. She shut her eyes tight as if willing the thoughts and images in her head to go away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Izar questioned.

Calida shrugged, folding the sweater neatly placing it on the armchair in her room. She looked at Izar as her hands went to her belt, sure she was watching. She slowly unbuckled the waistband and pulled it out. She dropped the belt next to the sweater. When she unbuttoned her jeans, Izar jumped up immediately.

"Sit down, Izar. You asked for this," Calida said. She pulled down her fly and slowly began to peel off her ripped jean.

Izar murmured curse words under her breath. She began to sweat, and the room became incredibly hot.

Calida's lean muscles made her look like some young sex god. The more skin she revealed, the more Izar wanted to escape from the room. Her stomach felt warm, and there was a soft buzzing between her legs. Izar knew she had never felt like this before. Maybe it was the sudden heat in the room.

Calida sat down on the armchair and pulled off her boots before peeling off her socks and the rest of her pants. Now she only had a black sports bra and black boxer briefs on. The boxer briefs were tight on her.

Izar's knees went weak, and she sat on the bed once more. The soft buzzing between her legs was now a stronger buzz. She watched Calida take slow steps to the closet pick out grey sweatpants and a hoodie. She watched as Calida pulled on the sweatpants first and then the hoodie.

When Calida finally opened the door, Izar found it hard to get up. Calida held the door open for a minute before Izar walked out of the room.

"I hope you learned your lesson, Ms. Sterling. Next time, knock or do not enter, especially if I don't say it's okay to come in. You could walk into a far more awful situation than the one you walked in on today."

Izar quietly walked to the kitchen. First, she needed to cool down, then second, she needed to get her sweat-stained clothes off her body. She emptied the bottle of water and walked back to her room. She could hear bits and pieces of Han's discussion with James, but that was the least important thing on her mind.

Izar pulled off her clothes bit by bit until she had nothing on. Her body thrummed with energy. When her hands grazed her skin while she had been taking off her clothes, she reacted to it.

"Nope, I need a shower. A cold one, maybe."

She pulled on a bathrobe and walked into the bathroom. At least Calida wasn't trying to take a shower too. Izar turned on the shower, pulled off her robe, and got under the cold shower. She shivered as the water hit her sensitive skin.

All she could think about was Calida's body and the way the woman had been watching her with keen eyes. More than anything, Izar wanted to know what it would feel like to brush her fingers against Calida's skin.

All of this was new and foreign to her because it was her first time experiencing it.