Chapter Thirteen

"You gave three guys the beating of their life singlehandedly?" The police officer asked Calida. She shrugged in response before turning back to Izar who was still fast asleep on the hospital bed.

"They drugged Izar and then proceeded to try and rape her. Not just that they tried to make a video. I couldn't handle myself when I saw her looking so helpless. I'll hurt anyone who hurts her. That's it," Calida replied.

The police officer fumed while she turned her attention back to Izar. She had realised something over the hours. Whenever she touched Izar, no matter how little the touch was, the monitor would beep a bit louder. It made her smile.

"And who do you think you are to do that?"

"I gave myself the right to do that. They abused a woman. Don't you get it?"

"Didn't you think it necessary to report to the police? You went ahead to beat them up? What the fuck is wrong with you?" The police officer asked, "you know what? I'm placing you under arrest for the assault of three young men last night."

"If you step an inch closer to me, I won't be held responsible for what I do to you," Calida replied.

"What did you say?" The police officer asked again, tilting her head little further as if she hadn't heard Calida clearly.

Calida pulled out her wallet and flipped it open in the police officer's face. The woman was beginning to irritate her and she wasn't ready for drama.

"I've spoken with your Chief, he knows these things. You came here to arrest me? You should have at least tried to be polite. I could have honestly beat the shit out of you, but I won't. You better leave, that uniform is the only thing keeping you safe right now," Calida stated.

"But how? Why? Look, one of the guys you beat up is the son of a senator. He's not going to be very happy with this," the police officer explained.

"Well you can tell the senator this, unless he wants the video evidence of his son assaulting a woman that he drugged to go viral overnight, he better let his son get time in jail. And I'm not playing. I'll ruin them if his stupid son doesn't get to pay for his crimes. He should be sent to therapy as well and taught how to behave. Because it's apparent he wasn't raised well. Please leave already," Calida responded.

She still stood next to Izar's bed. She said nothing else to the police officer. But when she wouldn't leave, Calida got irritated and walked to the door. She held it open for her. The woman took one look at Izar before walking out the door, clearly pissed off.

Calida walked back to the bed and sat down on the chair she placed next to Izar's bed. She brushed her hair back and wiped her face. When she looked at Izar again, Izar's beautiful blue orbs were staring right back at her.

"Hey, you're awake! Hold on, I'll get the doctor," Calida said, getting ready to press the button that would alert the nurses.

"Don't... please," Izar said. She sounded like she was in quite a lot of pain.

"But why? I have to let someone know you're awake, Izar. Please let me get someone and then we can do anything you want. Anything at all."

"Promise?" Izar asked.

"I promise."

Calida pressed the button and within four minutes, a nurse was in the room to check on her. Calida stood far away from the bed as the nurse did her job. When she was done, she asked to speak with Calida outside. Calida took one glance at Izar before walking outside with the nurse.

"So? What's the update?" She asked.

"She's okay. But she's incredibly lucky as well. She'll be back on her feet in a day or two. She's in a lot of pain because she struggled against him. The painkillers will help with that," the nurse replied.