Chapter Thirty-One

An old rickety car, changing hotels in the last 24 hours, and having to deal with a quiet Calida throughout the ride was what was making Izar so pissed. So, she took her anger out on Calida how she knew best. By glaring at her, continuously.

"We'll be at the place in fifteen minutes. Save all the anger until then. Let's just get there and get some rest." Calida said.

Izar blinked. Her emotions were all over the place though, but she had to maintain composure no matter what. The fact that Calida had one hand on a gun and the other hand on the stirring wheel was causing Izar to lose all the focus she'd managed to put together.

"Stop!" She yelled.

The car screeched to a stop and Calida turned to make sure she was alright. Then she sighed in a frustrated manner. Of course, the brat was fine.

"Why did you make me stop as if nothing was wrong with you? What were you thinking?" She asked her.

Izar shrugged. Calida placed the gun in her suit pocket, maybe it was making Izar scared. Or maybe she was just being a drama queen. Calida wasn't sure.

"Can we go now or you still want to yell when there isn't a need to?" Calida asked her.

When she nodded and Calida resumed driving, this time she had a hand on the stirring wheel and the other hand occasionally moving the gearshift and then acting like it wasn't a part of the car.

She looked so hot doing it that Izar had to peel her face away from her in order to focus. She couldn't keep fumbling around Calida like that. She groaned and Calida slowed down.

"Are you okay? Do you want something?" She asked.

Izar looked away, her cheeks and neck turning red. "Nope. I'm good."

"Cool." Calida said, her attention was still on the road.

Calida drove through a small town until they were in the outskirts of town before stopping in front of an old building. Izar immediately didn't like the house. It wasn't exactly easy to find and it was about half a mile or so from the main town. Calida climbed out of the car and headed for the trunk of the car. Izar got out as well. For all she knew, they were going to move again.

"Don't go anywhere. Pick a bag you think you can carry and come with me," Calida said.

Izar just stood and stared. When Calida didn't move, she groaned and grabbed a backpack that probably had Calida's laptop in it. Calida's white-silver with blue handle suitcase was way too heavy for her to lift.

"And she lifts it with ease," Izar grumbled under her breath.

Calida started walking with an amused glint in her eyes. If Izar noticed it, she said nothing. Calida led them to the back of the house. She opened a metal box and punched in a password. The door beeped and pulled open. Calida made Izar go in first before walking in behind her.

"Oh...I didn't...I wasn't expecting that." Izar muttered quietly.

The house was the exact opposite of what Izar had seen outside. It was like she'd judged the house before even seeing what it looked like inside. It was a quaint, but modern house. Outside though, was a different story.

"It's the first safehouse I stayed in. Quite old too. The walls outside are bullet proof. The main door is fake, the back door is the main door. Some guys came looking for me and I sniped them from the roof. Pretty sick," Calida stated.

Izar was tempted to ask what her headcount was. But she knew better than to do that. Calida dropped the bag and brushed a single lock of hair off her face.