Chapter Fourteen

"I want to watch a movie. Can we?" Izar asked Calida, as she limped out of her room.

"You know you could have called me to come to get you, yeah?" Calida asked her.

Izar shrugged. Her body ached and not in a good way. She got to the couch and Calida helped her sit down.

"Do you want something? Anything at all?" She asked.

Izar looked surprised. Calida was usually quiet and most times she would refuse to say anything at all. She liked this sweet and talkative Calida. She liked it too much.

"Maybe a glass of juice would be fine?" Izar said.

Calida looked at her, unsure if it was a statement or a question. She decided she would get the juice anyway. She left the couch and walked straight for the fridge in the kitchen. She grabbed a juice box and a glass. She got ice cubes from the fridge and after putting a couple of them in the glass, she filled it with juice. She grabbed a Redbull from the fridge for herself. She needed to be awake to look after Izar. She hadn't had a wink of sleep in the last couple of hours and it would soon start to tell on her.

"You look exhausted. Did you sleep at all last night?" Izar asked her as she walked back to the sitting room.

Calida sighed, "I didn't. I needed to stay up and check on you. I can't leave you to your own devices. You make awful..."

"Decisions. I know. I'm sorry," Izar said.

Calida's eyes went wide. Izar wasn't the nice, sweet person sitting on the couch and saying sorry. Were the meds getting to her?

"Are you okay?" Calida asked, awkwardly scratching the back of her head.

"I'm fine, Calida. You should sit down," Izar said.

Calida shrugged and decided to sit on the loveseat after placing the glass of juice on the table.

"Don't sit there," Izar said, staring at Calida like she'd done something wrong.

Calida groaned. "Where should I sit then?"

"Here," Izar said, quietly patting the couch she was lying on.

Calida swallowed hard. Her breath caught in her throat. For a few seconds, they stared at themselves, but Izar wasn't giving up and the position she was sitting in would hurt her eventually. Calida took a step forward, she felt like a magnet getting pulled toward Izar. Her heart beat faster than it ever had and she couldn't understand why.

Izar patted the spot one more time and Calida found herself sitting on the couch beside her. Izar drew closer, resting her head on Calida's shoulder. Calida stopped breathing for a second. Was this real? Was Izar next to her? This close?

"It's cold. And you're warm. Do you mind if we cuddle?" Izar asked absentmindedly.

It's most definitely the meds, Calida thought. But Izar only drew closer. She looked up at Calida. Her face was beautiful, she smiled at Calida. This was getting scary and Calida's pumping heart wasn't ready for it. She got up abruptly, but Izar grabbed her hand.

"Please stay, it's so cold," Izar said quietly.

Calida frowned. Somehow, when it came to Izar, she broke easily. And she couldn't figure out why.

"I'll go grab a blanket. I'll be right back," Calida replied.

"Promise?" Izar asked her.

"Yeah."

She grabbed her blanket from the bed and found herself hurrying back to Izar. The girl was eagerly waiting for her, which surprised Calida.

"Uh, I got the blanket," Calida said.