Chapter Sixteen

"Are you okay?" Izar asked Calida as she parked the car in their driveway.

"I'm okay. Why? Is something wrong?" Calida asked her.

Izar shrugged. "You look like you did something you might regret later. Did you do anything stupid?"

Calida palmed her face before opening the car door and walking out. She was swift, almost as if nothing could stop her if she walked into a room filled with people holding deadly weapons. Izar was certain Calida must have done something as stupid as walking into a room filled with men holding deadly weapons. She sighed when the taller woman opened the door for her and she stepped out.

Calida locked the car and they both walked to the front door. Izar looked at her bodyguard, although her face lacked any significant emotion whatsoever, Izar was sure something was up.

"Alright, what is it?" Izar asked her.

"You talk too much. Get inside the house first. I'll make the both of us coffee. You can do your assignments or projects or whatever and I'll disappear for a couple of hours. I won't be a bother," Calida said.

Izar rolled her eyes at the bodyguard. "You're unbelievable. I never said I wanted you to disappear!"

"You look like you want me to," Calida responded, locking the front door.

She ignored Izar and walked straight to her room. Once she had changed into casual shorts and a long sleeved shirt, she walked back to the kitchen to make them some sandwich and coffee.

Before Izar would be out of her room, Calida was gone. She took her share of sandwich down to the basement. As she drew closer, she could hear the heavy breathing of two men, Baldy and Curly.

"I see you're both having fun," she said, placing her beverage and food on a table nearby.

One man grumbled, struggling to get up. The other, Baldy stayed calm, watching Calida like he would watch a prey.

"I'm going to take off the duct tape from your mouth. But one tinsy noise and we're back to having the tape. Are we clear?" She asked them.

They both nodded reluctantly. Calida smiled at them, she peeled the duct tape off, causing them to squeal. She pulled a chair from the corner where things were kept once she was done with them. She dusted it and sat down. With a smile she took a bite of sandwich.

"Who sent you?" She asked quietly.

They both stared at her. She was still smiling, but her eyes were deadly. She didn't look like someone they should be messing with. She was different.

"I don't like when people keep me waiting. So, who's going first? I wouldn't want to pull someone's tooth out of their gum," Calida said, sipping her coffee.

"I need to use a bathroom," Baldy said.

"You won't get to use one until I've gotten what I need out of both of you. So? Who sent you to stalk us?" She asked.

"We're police officers," Curly said.

Calida chuckled. "Of course. And where are your badges? IDs, anything that identifies you as a police officer?"

Curly stared at his belt and Calida got up. She pulled his jacket up and found a badge on his belt. She chuckled.

"I knew you both thought I was stupid, But I was hoping not this stupid. I'm guessing you got this at some shop. Yes?" She asked.

Curly cowered in fear, moving backwards. Calida leaned forward. She didn't look impressed at all.

"You must take me for a fool. I asked who sent you here?" Calida asked again.