Part 33

Stevie stood in front of a floor length mirror ant stared at her own reflection in one of the rooms of a spectacular venue she had occupied to get ready for the ceremony. She had never thought she would get married again. She had never thought she would ever divorce Michael to begin with. But there she was and she felt differently compared to the first time she was about to walk down the aisle. When she knew that Michael was waiting for her, she was nervous. She didn't like her hair or her makeup, there was a small tear in her dress that she noticed too late, her bouquet of roses wasn't the color she had picked out. Looking back on it, she should have realized, she was making a mistake. Now, however, she couldn't wait to walk out of that room and promise to love Lindsey until her very last breath. She would be lying if she said, she wasn't a tiny bit nervous right now either, but again, it was different - she was excited. 

"What's going through your mind?" Amber asked, who hadn't yet left her mother's side. "You haven't said a word in like ten minutes."

"Nothing, I'm just..." Stevie turned to look at herself from another angle. "I look good, don't I?"

"You look more than just good, mom. Trust me, Lindsey's jaw is going to hit the floor the second he sees you." Amber assured, slipping a bracelet on her wrist. 

"I can't wait to see him in a suit. God, when he's wearing one, I-"

"I'm going to stop your right there." Amber covered her ears before Stevie could say anything else. 

A knock on the door made them both glance at it and Stevie was about to open it, but Amber stopped her. What if it's Lindsey, she asked and went to check, who it was herself.

"Lindsey." Of course, it was him. "You can't come in here."

"I just want to check how your mother's doing." He shrugged, somehow hoping that would get him through the door. 

"Uh-uh." Amber shook her head, blocking his view. "You're not supposed to see the bride before the ceremony."

"Oh God, not you too!" Lindsey groaned, standing on his tiptoes to look past Amber. "Stevie!"

"She's doing fine, okay?" Amber pushed at his shoulder, moving him away from the door. "Be patient, I swear, it's worth it."

"Linds, I'm alright." Stevie's voice reached him and Amber gave him a look. 

"Told you." She said. "Go, take your place."

Lindsey opened his mouth to say something else, but he shut it closed again, when Jess appeared out of nowhere and stood by his side, loudly clearing his throat.

"Fine, I'm going!" Lindsey yelled out, throwing his arms up in the air, he then angrily stomped down the corridor. 

"What was that about?" Jess asked, entering the room, when Amber stepped away from the door. 

"Nothing." Amber waved it off. "He just wanted to come in, see, how mom's doing."

"But-"

"It's not allowed, I know, I told him." Amber subtly rolled her eyes, when her grandfather wasn't looking.

"You look wonderful." Jess smiled at his daughter. "You look happy." This time, he thought, but kept it to himself.

"I'll leave you two alone for a minute." Amber excused herself with a polite smile and walked out. 

The ceremony was about to start. The guests were already there, family and friends all quietly whispering to themselves. Lindsey had taken his place upon Amber's suggestion as well. He was used to standing in front of thousands of his fans and he wasn't as nervous as he was at the moment. All sorts of thoughts went through his mind. Ones that insisted popping into his mind again and again were what if Stevie doesn't show up? What if she had realized, she was making a mistake? What if she didn't actually love him? 

Lindsey wasn't sure, how long he was standing by himself, but it sure felt like an eternity. He sought out Amber, sitting in the first row with Lily in her lap. "Where the hell is she?" He whispered and received an icy glare from the officiant. "Sorry." He apologized and looked over at Amber again, but before she could answer, Lindsey looked up and his heart skipped a beat.

With her father by her side, Stevie smiled back at Lindsey, suddenly feeling very emotional. They had been planning their wedding for months and somehow right up until that moment it didn't feel quiet real. She was slowly walking towards the man she had loved her whole entire life. She knew, everyone's eyes were on her, but hers were locked with the person right in front of her, grinning from ear to ear. 

"I know that you love my daughter-" Jess began, when they approached Lindsey. "But if you hurt her, I swear, there will be hell to pay." The officiant gave that same look to Stevie's father that Lindsey had received earlier. "Sorry."

Lindsey just nodded his head. Even though he knew that threat was serious, right now, he didn't care. He took Stevie's hand and kissed the back of it as they turned to face the displeased man, who was about to marry them.