Woodland Mansion (Mumskall March Week 1)

So this is the example for week 1 of Mumskall March! If you don't know what that is you can go check it out on my account! I hope you enjoy!

Ship: MUMSKALL.

Words: 771

Type: ...Fluff..? Maybe? Idk

Trigger Warning: Idfk- Mumbo being a spoon?

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

      It was time. Time to enter the woodland mansion.... Mumbo and Iskall had been planning this for weeks now, gathering up gear for the trip, trying to get a villager who actually sold maps that lead to woodland mansions, and then travelling all the ten thousand blocks to arrive there, in front of the giant, dark mansion.

      And to be frank, Mumbo was scared. No, not about all the deadly mobs that they would surely encounter inside the monstrous manor. No, it was something else...... You see, for the past while the taller hermit had been feeling... How to put this... Weird around his fellow architect, a weird sort of anxiety almost, but even less comfortable. It wasn't like the type of anxiety where you constantly feel like something bad is happening, it was more the type where he was just nervous 24/7. Like anything he could say might make Iskall think he's weird, or worse yet, not want to talk to him... Besides the nervous feeling, he still felt so much safer with the enby, and happier even, like Iskall was making him whole in a way...

      Of course Mumbo simply passed this over as caring for his friend. Because that's what they are; friends. But still, looking over at the perfection that was Iskall, Mumbo has the strong urge to just grab them by the shoulders, kiss them hard and never let go.

      But he couldn't do that. They weren't anything more than friends...

      "Uhhh Mumbo, you okay dude?" Mumbo jerked away from his thoughts to see Iskall looking at him with one eyebrow raised, and sword out, ready to enter the mansion.

     "Yep! Let's go!"

      And so the two of them went into the mansion, swords at the ready incase of an unexpected attack. Mumbo had been to many a mansion in his time on Hermitcraft so he wasn't exactly afraid of what was in there, but as time went on, the urge to even just hug Iskall was growing and he wasn't sure what to do!

      Suddenly, he felt a grip tighten around his hand and he realized that he had subconsciously grabbed onto Iskall's and was gripping it quite tightly. The enby hadn't seemed to mind though, as they had also started to grip Mumbo's hand back, rubbing their thumb on the back of Mumbo's hand. This made Mumbo's heart go wild and he was sure Iskall could both see and hear it thumping out of Mumbo's chest, he turned his head away from his friend in embarrassment, a little more than a slight blush creeping over his face.

      Then, suddenly, a vex sprang from the wall throwing itself at the duo, without missing a beat, Iskall pulled his sword from his side and slashed at the vex, causing it to hiss and fly away, back through the wall.

      "You okay? You look a bit scared!" Iskall laughed. Mumbo noticed that he had now fully clung onto Iskall's arm, but not in fear as Iskall and assumed, although he assumed the freaked out look on his face from realizing what he was doing wasn't helping in arguing against that...

      "O-oh yeah, I'm fine..!"

      Iskall rolled their eyes and stated "Alrriiiight then, if you say so..."

     And so Mumbo continued to cling to Iskall's arm. What? Iskall wasn't shoving him off and he was very comfortable thank you very much. Although to keep up his act he had to pretend to be scared of every little thing. Oh well, at least Iskall was buying it....

--

      Iskall tried to stifle a smile as Mumbo clung even tighter to his arm, they were fully aware that the taller hermit wasn't actually scared. In fact, they found his little act quite amusing to say the least. And they couldn't exactly say they weren't enjoying it either... The feeling of Mumbo's hot breath on his neck and the way he fake whimpered a bit whenever a vex jumped from the walls. 

      It was kinda painfully obvious that the redstoner liked them, but they weren't planning on saying anything anytime soon.... They loved the way Mumbo stuttered whenever he subconsciously did something weird like holding his hand or staring at them for literal hours during meetings. They loved Mumbo's little giggle and his awkward clumsiness. But they would wait for Mumbo to tell them himself. They wanted him to be ready... Okay that was a bad excuse but still, Iskall had no plans to tell him. Not now, probably not ever....

      However that doesn't mean they wouldn't enjoy this little moment between the two of them. Just the two of them....

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

      I swear half of this is just Mumbo thinking about Iskall but whatever- It fits the prompt at least! So for this one I decided to just stick with the main prompt and then extra since it's an example, I actually like how this one came out for once! And it's technically gay no ye- Anyways, eat some water, drink some food and as always:

      Ladies, gentlemen, theydies and gentletheys, have a FAEtastic day! -Faerie