Chapter 1

The Subway Dance

(Just an authors note, I don't know how their school day would work at MSA so I'm just guessing and making it up as I go anyway, enjoy)

I wake up at 7 am to get ready for my day at MSA. I wash and put on black leggings and a tie-dye t-shirt. I skip breakfast because I usually can't eat in the mornings or it makes me sick. I slip on my old gray, well it used to be gray, shoes. I spilled paint on them so many times it's like a rainbow now. I check my phone and see that it's 7:40 so I get my backpack and walk out of my bedroom.

I go downstairs to greet my mom before I exit the house and walk to school.

"Good morning mom," I say cheerfully

"Mornin' sweetie. What's got you so happy?" She asks suspiciously

"I don't know, maybe it's because it's almost the end of the week, which means I can hang out with Andie all weekend."

"You and that girl are stuck together like glue," She says laughing.

"Yep always have been and always will be," I say as I walk towards the front door.

"Okay Tes, see you later and I love you."

"I love you too. See ya" I close the front door behind me and start walking to school.

*************************At School*************************

I get to my painting class and grab a seat next to one of my friends Madison.

"Hey, Maddy."

"Hey, Tes, ready to have Mr. Belicose yell at us for not being creative?"

"Oh, I forgot he's subbing for Miss Flowers till she gets back from injury," I said slamming my hand against my forehead.

"I hope Miss Flowers heals fast, I don't know how much more I can take of Mr. Belicose," Madison said.

"Why is he so mad and aggressive all the time anyway? We did nothing to him!" I Question.

"Maybe the divorce is getting to him?"

"He's divorced. I am surprised he was even married," I say surprised.

Me and Maddy look at each other and laugh. Sadly our happiness was short relieved when I hear the aggravating voice of Mr. Belicose.

"Okay, class may I have your attention please, and thank you. Today I want you to create a piece that shows anger," he makes a mad face "Sadness" he makes a sad face "And hurt" He tries to make a 'hurt' face but it just looks like he is constipated. "And since this will take up probably all class we are going to have lunch at a different time today-"

He's cut off by the class groaning.

"Shh, no complaining, you are creating art, your stomach can and will wait. We will be having last lunch instead of first today. That will give us enough time. So get to work and when you are done make sure you put it on the drying rack next to your nametag. Alright, get to work."

********************************************************************************************

"That was the most boring class period ever," Maddy says and we walk out the door of the school we can eat outside at the picnic tables.

"I know, we know that tomorrow he will just criticize our work and say it's worthless or that a baby could do better," I said rolling my eyes.

"Hey, can you get us a table I think I forgot my phone in the painting room?" I say to her.

"Sure," She walks off.

I turn around and went back into the painting room. When I see my phone near the drying rack a let out a breath of relief and grab it. As I am heading out the door I run into someone and I feel something wet on my leggings.

I look up to see a cute-looking boy with curly hair under a beanie.

I stand up and help him up.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologize

"No no, I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention, plus I spilled my water all over you and now your leggings are all wet." The cute curly-haired boy said.

"It's fine. They're black leggings so the water won't even show up," I assure him.

"Are you sure? I can get you some paper towels."

"Yes, and I'm sorry about your water."

"It's fine. I can always just refill it," he says with a smile.

His smile is so cute.

After a couple of seconds of silence, I speak back up.

"Well, I got to go, see you around," I say leaving.

I walk to Maddy and see her bored out of her mind.

"What took you so long?"

"I accidentally ran into someone and that someone turned out to be a cute boy."

"Oo, what's his name?"

"His name is..." I stop myself because I realize I didn't catch his name

"You don't know it do you?" Maddy asks with a smirk.

"No," I said sadly

"It's okay, you're probably going to run into him again, knowing you and your clumsiness," Maddy says laughing at me. I give her a glare and I join in on the laughing.

******************************************************************************************

I walk back to my home and ring up Andie and see if she wants to hang out. The phone goes to voice mail so I try to call her again and it goes to voicemail again.

"Hey, Tes, can you pick up some Advil for me we are almost all out?" Mom asks me as soon as I walk through the door.

"But the walk to the pharmacy is such a long walk."

"Take the subway. Please, honey."

"Okay, I will be back in an hour," I say dropping off the backpack and grabbing my wallet.

"Thank you."

********************************************************************************************

I get on the subway to get on my way back to my mom and look at the window and this dude hops in on the subway last minute and sits a couple of seats behind me. It was a smooth ride until I started hearing music and the dude that got late started dancing.

Is this high school musical or something? I think I missed the memo.

Then these other two dudes started fighting then they pulled out masks and started dancing. After a while, a couple of more people pulled out masks and started dancing.

Did everyone receive a text or something? I'm so lost here. Why does everyone have a mask but me? Should I have one?

All the masked people started dancing. I can say that they were dancing really well. If I wasn't so confused right now I think I would cheer. One of the masked figures glanced at me for a couple of moments for too long.

Did they know me?

Finally, the subway came to a stop and the masked figures jump off the cart and started running away. The police were chasing after them.

After that, the doors closed and everyone else on the subway had a confused look on their faces.

That's new.

(The first chapter is done, how was it. I like receiving feedback because it can help me. Anyway have an amazing day)