Chapter 10

Luke's Crew

Luke drives around New York and I'm looking out the window in awe. Everything looks so lively here and beautiful. We stop at a red light  Luke puts the window down and tells us to stick our heads out to get a clearer view.

Moose sticks his head and lets out a 'woo'. I stick my head out and it looks even more amazing.

The light turns green and the wind starts blowing up hair everywhere, the song 'Empire State of Mind- by Alicia Keys starts playing and Lukes starts singing and Moose joins in. Moose pinches my arm making me turn my head and look at him and I start singing along too.

After jamming out and 10 more minutes of driving Lukes pulls into an alleyway and gets out.

I turn around to Moose as Luks slams his door shut.

"Why are we back in an alley? Dang, it! We should have never got in the car because now he's gonna kill us. The dancing thing was a ruse. I should've known this, I always watch Criminal Minds when it comes on," I say to Moose.

"I don't think he's gonna kill us, Tess. If he does I'll make a distraction and you make a run for it."

"Sounds like a deal,"

"Wait you aren't gonna say something like 'I don't want to leave you. You're my best friend' or something like that?"

"Moose, You're my best friend, but it's all about natural selection," I say jokingly.

"Hey," Moose nudges me and smiles.

Luke opens the door for us to get out. Luke holds out a hand since it is slightly difficult to get out of a car while on someone's lap. Moose steps out right beside me and holds my hand.

"What the heck is this place?" I ask.

"Come on," Luke goes inside the building, and Moose and I follow him.

We walk in and get into the unstable-looking elevator.

"Welcome to my house," Luke greets "The house of the Pirates"

"Nice place." Moose compliments. "It's a little small to live in." I nod in agreement.

"My parents converted this place years ago. We live and train upstairs and run a club downstairs to make ends meet. Kind of like a secret hideout."

As Luke talks, I see a sign on the elevator saying 'All persons riding this elevator do so at their own risk.'

That's nice.

The elevator stops and Luke speaks up.

"Right, this is it," Luke leads us out of the elevator and opens a stone door.

"We call this the vault." Luke opens the door and reveals people all over the place doing tricks and dancing to blasting music.

This looks amazing!

I look and Moose and his jaw dropped.

"Around here dance is your identity. We live together, work together, and battle together." Luke explains to us while walking in front of us showing us around.

"But unlike other crews, we all have different styles. I found all these guys in the city. Crazy talent, but no place to go. We've kind of become a pseudo-family here, where we can be ourselves and rules don't apply." Luke finishes.

I look around and there's one guy dancing like a robot, and this other guy in the other side of the room doing back handsprings over and over. This is like dancing heaven.

"Luke this place is amazing," I say.

"Yeah, it's off the chain," Moose says.

These two guys one in a yellow jacket and the other in a black jacket with stars walk over to us.