Chapter 20

*Two years after the events of Dance Revolution Camille, Tessa, and Moose are out of college and have jobs now. Moose works in an engineering plant, and Tessa is an assistant criminal psychologist. Both live in an apartment in LA that's close to Moose's grandparents' workplace. Tessa and Moose have been dating for almost 4 years*

A Friend in Need

I wake up earlier on a Saturday morning with some light peaking through the blinds. I turn to the side of the bed and see my boyfriend of almost 4 years sleeping beside me. His messy curls cover almost all of his face except his mouth which is slightly open with light snores coming out of it.

He looks so cute. He must have had a rough day at work.

Moose rarely snores unless he had a hard day at work.

To make him feel better, I'll make him some breakfast.

I try to get out of the bed, but his toned arm is wrapped around my waist. I softly unhook his arm from me and stand up. The floor creaks and I turn around to make sure he is still sleeping.

Thank god, he is a heavy sleeper.

I walk out of our bedroom and close the door lightly so that it won't shut loudly.

I walk through the hallway and into the kitchen. I open the refrigerator and check what things we have.

What should I make? Let's do cinnamon pancakes with breakfast sausage and fruit.

I grab the ingredients and get to work. After 45 minutes I had everything done. I even put all of the food and divided it among our plates. All that I have to do now is let the food cool down a little. Now I just have to get Moose.

I walk back into our bedroom and I see that he is still sleeping.

I thought the smell would've woken him up.

I climbed into bed and his arm immediately wraps around my waist.

It's like he could sense when I was gone.

I scoot closer to him and whisper in his ear.

"Moose, I have a surprise for you."

Nothing.

"Moose, wake up," I say softly.

"Moose?" I say in my normal voice.

I shake him a little and he doesn't wake up.

Is he dead?
Then a mischievous idea pops into my head.

This idea worked last time when he was deep asleep and I provided good results.

I unwrap his arm from around me and I sit up. I use my hand to push the curls away from his face. I straddle over his waist and I place my lips on his cheek and give him a kiss. I sit back up and see if that got a reaction. It didn't.

Then I start leaving kisses all over his face, always getting closer and closer to his actual lips but never touching them.

I know that drives him crazy.

I stop for a second and I see his eyes squint them go back to normal. I act like I never saw it and keep kissing. Then another not-so-nice idea came to me, so naturally, I act upon it.

I start leaving little kisses down his neck and lingering on some parts. I hear a small groan come from him.

Holy crap, I just made him do that.

Then I leave kisses going back up to his lips. When I get to his lips I hover just a couple of centimeters over them. Just enough so that Moose can feel me hovering over him. I wait a couple of seconds and pull back waiting for Moose's reaction.