Chapter 90

Joane 

It's been two weeks since I learned what happened to Jen and somehow, it's given me a reason to keep staying strong, not for me,  but for her. 
I go and see her everyday, and even though it's obvious that she won't recover so easily, I can tell that she's been getting better and better every day. Thanks to Tom. 
He's barely left her side and he's always there to comfort her. 

I'm sitting on the couch of my trailer of loneliness watching TV when Aldo walks in. Even though Pablo's hunt is still on-going, he still has to babysit me. I guess Liam didn't believe my words when I told Aldo to tell him that I'm done with drugs. But I can't blame him... After the way I acted the last time we saw each other, he has every reason not to believe me. 

"How are you today?" Aldo sits down next to me and lights up a joint. 

"Still clean. And bored. If only Liam would believe me, you'd not be forced to watch me." 

"I don't mind being here." He shrugs and takes a puff. Aldo is such a cold man, it's hard to decipher what's on his mind but, somehow I believe him. He's been my only company for weeks, and I'm glad to have him. God knows how lonely I'd feel if it weren't for his daily visits. 

"How's the hunt doing?" 

"The bastard is still on the run, and Shirley hasn't woken up yet. It's a dead end." I clench my fists in anger. 

"I hope you get ahold of him soon. He must pay for what he's done to Jen." 

"We will." A devilish smirk forms on his lips as he stares into the distance. There's no doubt he's imagining all the things he would love to do to him, not because he wants to avenge Jen, no... But because he's always had this penchant for violence. That's why I had asked him to take care of Tyler back when Blake and I had just become friends... I knew he wouldn't ask questions, I knew he wouldn't try and stop me from teaching him a lesson. 

"You know, Jen is my only friend now... And I want this motherfucker to pay for what he's done to her." 

"You're being a drama queen, she's not your only friend."

"Yes, she is. After what I've done, Blake will never want to talk to me again. And we both know that Liam will never choose me over her. If she tells him that she never wants him to speak to me again, he won't go against her will." My shoulders slump and my head falls in my hands. "Oh God, why did I have to be so stupid? I'm such a horrible person. This is all my fault. I always have to ruin everything."

"Come on, we both know Liam won't ever be able to stay away from you. As pathetic as I think it is, Liam has a heart. And you're one of the few people he loves. He and his girlfriend won't stay mad at you forever. They'll come back to you sooner or later." 

"Why are you saying that? How can you be so sure?" I frown as I watch a small smile form on the corner of his mouth.  "You're hiding something. What are you not telling me, Aldo?"

"You're imagining things, Joe." He shrugs but I just know something is off. I stand up and walk in front of him, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Aldo..." I warn, "Tell me what's going on, now." He rolls his eyes and sighs loudly. 

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone." 

"For God's sake, Aldo, you've already said too much." 

"Alright, alright, but you've got to keep your mouth shut." I nod franctically, waiting for him to spill the beans. 

"I know for sure that Liam is not mad at you, he just wants you to get better before he tells you the news. His girlfriend is pregnant." I gasp, my eyes going wide.