Chapter 38

"Blake, open the door." Liam kept knocking on the bathroom door. "Please." 

I stayed still for I don't know how long, trying to calm myself down. In a few weeks, he will become a father and I will lose him. I know it, I can feel it. 

I stood up, my hands and legs trembling like a leaf and I walked to the sink. I splashed water on my face and I drank some. 

I stared at myself in the mirror, my hands resting on the cold porcelain of the sink. I can do this. I can walk out of this room and face him. 

I have to. 

I took a deep breath and I walked to the door before unlocking it. I walked past Liam, a blank stare on my face and I headed towards the bedroom. I heard him follow me.

I don't really know what to say or do. 

"Blake please..." He closed the door behind him. 

"I heard everything." I stated, looking straight in his eyes. 

"I know... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry about that... But you don't have to worry, I don't want this baby."

"You can't let this baby down. You can't do to this baby what my father did to me, you can't leave him with a crazy mother." Even though it hurts me so much, even though I can feel the tears on my cheeks, I know this the right thing to do. I can't push Liam to abandon his baby, it wouldn't be fair. I don't want to let this baby live the same nightmare than me. 

"Are you telling me that you want to break up with me?" I've never seen him stare at me with such a look before. Those sad, heartbreaking blue eyes. 

"No." I looked down. "I don't know..."

"Blake please-"

"I don't know if I can handle this Liam. She will become a part of your life along with this baby... I don't know if I can bear to see her near you everyday." 

"Please let me handle this, we're strong enough Blake, we can get through this. And I'm sure the bitch is lying." 

"What if she's not?"

"Then I'll do what you want me to do... If you want me to leave her, I'll leave her. If you want me to raise this baby, I'll raise it, I'll do anything Blake just... Don't leave me." He placed his hand on my cheek and wiped the tears away and I closed my eyes in pain. What am I supposed to do? "Please Blake... Promise me... Promise me that you won't leave me."

"I don't know if I can. She... She will try to take advantage of the situation... You know how she is..."

"And I won't let that happen. Nothing is more important to me than you, do you hear me?"

"For now but... When you will hold your baby in your arms, it will change... It will be different."

"It won't. You will always be my priority. You have to trust me." 

I looked down, not knowing what to say. 

I want to believe him, I really do but... I think he doesn't realize that once his baby will be born, it will change his life.

I went to the bed and I lay down on my side, my back facing him, tears still falling like an endless river. And I felt him come and lay behind me, he put his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. 

"I will never leave you, no matter what happens. Never... You have to trust me."

I barely slept that night, I just couldn't.